If You've got "Failed to configure" message or console "NOT DETECTED" message, it mean that KAI can detect console activity, but cannot communicate with console. You are ONLY one step away from "successfully configured" message. Why?
There is one MUST KNOW point. KAI Engine installs its own DHCP service on default Router. And KAI DHCP works EVERYTIME, even Your console IP is set to Static or Auto. To get "successfully configured" You HAVE TO match console IP with KAI DHCP EVERYTIME. What to do?
- Every time after any settings alter do: Turn off KAI. Turn off Console. Start KAI. Start Console.
1. Be sure that Windows DHCP Service is TURNED OFF. How:
http://www.adriansrojakpot.com/Other_Ar ... ckBoot.htm
2. USE Manual PS2 IP calculator(works for other consoles too!).
You will get something like 10.252.x.x. Set these settings to Your console Network settings. For Console Default router/gateway set:
A) Router IP(if You're using router);
B) Second LAN adaptor IP(if You connect console to Computer via some LAN adaptor);
- Do not forget to save console settings.
If "Failed to configure" again: try 10.253.x.x and 10.254.x.x settings. But always set STATIC IP for console and STATIC IP for LAN Adaptor. Remember that.
3. For Console DNS enter Your default ISP DNS or leave AUTO. Do not try to make any Network Tests with Console Network Setup Disk or Program. It is NOT necessary to pass any tests! All consoles use only simple UDP packets to communicate on LAN GAME MODE. KAI will get these UDP dropped from console Network Adapter and will send them to Orbital Server via TCP protocol. KAI also will get TCP packets from Orbital server, then will extract UDP from TCP received and will send that UDP to Your console. KAI works like DHL transport for Console UDP, but Console will never understand that
4. If You're using Firewall(or Windows Firewall), Set FULL ALLOW on ALL PORTS and PROTOCOLS to KAIEngine.exe, KAILaunch.exe, KAIUI.exe and Console MAC address.
5. Console MAC address? Look again at "failed to configure". The HEX digits above are console MAC address.
Follow that guide carefully and will succeed. It works on all consoles, not PS2 only.