Console failed to configure

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
Viscosity
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Re: Console failed to configure

Post by Viscosity »

I am pretty sure TSFP doesn't have netowrk config utility. I use the network setup disc 4.0 but if you are using a PS3 then how would that matter?

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

I don't think it matters Pike Fodder. You should delete your current config file and start all over, if you didn't already.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea it does not matter if you make the network config with ts2 or ratchet and clank. The network configuration you make for online is the same for LAN. Like there is no separate tool for making a special LAN one.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

I think he is using auto config so it doesn't matter. If he used static IP like I did it would matter. But I am saying PS3 network config and PS2 network config should not matter because someone already got it to work on PS3.

Pike Fodder
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: IceCheat

Post by Pike Fodder »

Favrenation wrote:if you are using a PS3 then how would that matter?
I need a network config file to play PS2 games online, remember that the PS2 games think they are being played on a PS2 so need to see a network configuration file to play online.
lazyhoboguy wrote:Yea it does not matter if you make the network config with ts2 or ratchet and clank.
Can you tell me where to find network config utility on TS2 so that I can check? (I swear I've never seen such a thing anywhere on any TS2 menu.)
Favrenation wrote:If he used static IP like I did it would matter.
How's this?
(gmt+1)
Currently at GMT+1, returning to GMT±0 when daylight servings change.

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ec9e67389b

In order to play playstation 3 games through Xlink Kai you have to first turn on xlink kai on your pc before you turn on your PS3. So when the ps3 turns on xlink kai disrupts it from connecting to psn. If your ps3 connects to psn than xlink kai will not work.

I am assuming it works the same way when you use ps2 games on a ps3 through xlink kai. And I searched around and it sounds so.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ec9e67389b

I will go check ts2 right now to find where the network config is. I am 100 percent sure it has it, but remember it was in an odd spot.

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Ok to find the network configuration in Timesplitters 2 first go to "arcade". Next, go to "Network". Then, go to "Network Settings" and it will open up the network configuration utility.

Pike Fodder

Post by Pike Fodder »

lazyhoboguy wrote:In order to play playstation 3 games through Xlink Kai you have to first turn on xlink kai on your pc before you turn on your PS3. So when the ps3 turns on xlink kai disrupts it from connecting to psn. If your ps3 connects to psn than xlink kai will not work.
I didn't know that, anther reason for it to not work kncoked off the list - it STILL doesn't work. Still got "Console failed to configure", though this time no figures on the diagnostics screen on X-Link left 0.

Weird, X-Link only seems to work on its first boot, after that it claims not to be able to reach the network, I don't see why. Then it takes a long while for before it will boot again if I shut it down. Looks like just something else that might not be working right.

I'll check out TS2 at some point.
(gmt+1)

Pike Fodder

Post by Pike Fodder »

I'm kinda back, i.e. I'm going to ask a question and never return.

Should I tell my PS3 that my computer is a proxy server?
(gmt+1)

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

well you shouldn't have to but go ahead and try it. I hope you can get it to work. Good luck and your welcome here anytime.

EDIT: we also have another program that might work better for you called XBSlink.