2 routers

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
Scoopers
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: scoopers

Re: 2 routers

Post by Scoopers »

yes the modem is crap and my provider does suck :lol: , but with the new router it cleared up most of the problems, kinda.

Another question why cant I see the number of players when it port forwarded to 30000 both? I mean it kicks it out if its setup to UDP but you can view all players on all the systems and if you setup TCP you cant see anyone, but it keeps you logged in. Any ideas on this? I can have it on for an hour and still the same results.

No Shots Impossible, Its the shots missed that could be regretted.

(gmt-5)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39674

Seeing question marks for player counts is a known problem with Xlink kai. They mention in that link that it is a bug with some of the xlink kai servers and they haven't been able to fix it. It doesn't actually effect your ability to use xlink kai at all. It can be very irritating though lol.

hobojoe44
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai username: [STFU]*hobojoe44

Post by hobojoe44 »

The thing is this crappy glitch didn't become rampant until the past few months or so. It's the crappy orbital system that Xlink uses instead a single master server. If what ever orbital you log on to isn't in sync with the others.
So in the case of me on the Montreal server (which used to be the best one) I'm lucky if I see the number of players/servers 2 or 3 days out of the month (I'm using the 7.4 web UI)

Also there is the massive influx of PSP players 3000 - 4000 I've seen at times all playing monster hunter 3

The layout of Xlink doesn't help since the game filters for each respective console isn't alphanumerical based on number of players/servers in each filter.

Scoopers

Post by Scoopers »

I just noticed last night changing the connection from UDP/TCP/Both had no changing effect at all. It must have been logging into a different server each time I changed my connection.

I just thought I had it configured wrong. Which how do you configure or change you're configuration? I cant find the setting buttons.

(gmt-5)

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

in windows program list there should be an xlink folder. Then it will have configure, start kai, etc.

Scoopers

Post by Scoopers »

Ok yea Norton took care of that file awhile back. I already had it configured luckily.

I remember I just went through this with the Laptop installation. Have to place it back now.

I just bought a new one also.... :lol:

3 bucks could pass it up!!

(gmt-5)