I Officially Hate Xlink Kai

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

I Officially Hate Xlink Kai

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

I downloaded xlink kai because psn was down and i wanted to play black ops (and for ps2 online). I thought all you have to do was install, configure, then play! But, I was wrong. It took 5 hours to get kai to successfully configure my ps3 and then no lobbies would show up. I spent an additional 2 hours looking into that. I eventually gave up and refuse to use kai again until it is easier to use .(btw i saw Mr. Chale in the black ops lobbies ;)). I got 1 lobby to show up before i quit. :evil: :x :( :oops:
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: I Officially Hate Xlink Kai

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea xlink kai isnt perfect and can be a hassle to setup, but it's worth the trouble. Did you get version 7.3.1.7 of xlink kai? The newer versions of the program do not work with ps2 and ps3.

21SkAt3r21

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

lazyhoboguy wrote:Yea xlink kai isnt perfect and can be a hassle to setup, but it's worth the trouble. Did you get version 7.3.1.7 of xlink kai? The newer versions of the program do not work with ps2 and ps3.
Yes, I got 7.3.1.7. I almOst got it working. I got it configured but couldnt see any lobbies when there was some. I'm not sure why they weren't showing up. I think it is because I had my laptop hooked up using wireless Internet instead of wired. :?
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

IRON_PIMP
Level 5: 187 Avoid this Game or Die
Xlink Kai username: IRON_PIMP

Post by IRON_PIMP »

I think it is because I had my laptop hooked up using wireless Internet instead of wired. :?
Yep, that will do it-SOMETIMES--Kai can connect using wireless, not very often

21SkAt3r21

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

IRON_PIMP wrote:I think it is because I had my laptop hooked up using wireless Internet instead of wired. :?
Yep, that will do it-SOMETIMES--Kai can connect using wireless, not very often
I tried wired and still nothing. I'm officially done messin with it. I guess i will have to wait for psn to come back up and wont get to relive ps2 online.. :(
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

Scoopers
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai username: scoopers

Post by Scoopers »

I feel you're pain after doing everything i have for the last year, it turns out my problem isn't a network or adapter or router/connection issue its a Norton firewall issue. Turned off the firewall and everything connected. Even with full access for that program I guess the firewall still blocks most the connection. So if you use Norton turn off the firewall and that may solve the issue.
No Shots Impossible, Its the shots missed that could be regretted.

(gmt-5)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Well don't give up yet man, I could help you test out your xlink kai when I get some time. I will be busy for the next couple weeks because I have exams, but after that.

Also, using a ps3 to use xlink kai makes things a bit more difficult to setup probably. We don't have as much experience with using a backwards comaptible ps3 when compared with using a real ps2 with xlink. Do you still own a ps2?

The Don
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai username: bkchi

Post by The Don »

Scoopers wrote:I feel you're pain after doing everything i have for the last year, it turns out my problem isn't a network or adapter or router/connection issue its a Norton firewall issue. Turned off the firewall and everything connected. Even with full access for that program I guess the firewall still blocks most the connection. So if you use Norton turn off the firewall and that may solve the issue.
Dude, you're behind two routers and you're still running a software firewall? I'm surprised you're able to connect to anything!
(gmt-5)

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Sometimes i can't see any lobbies. Usually restarting my pc and my router usually helps for me to see games. i run over wireless and it works fine.

TS2rocks
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by TS2rocks »

Yikes =s Do I ABSOLUTELY need Xlink Kai to play Time Splitters Future Perfect?? I got connected (nobody was on) but I did get an online game started.