Connection timing out on SW:BF2 connection?

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
Generalized Gaming
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: SploogeTheFish

Connection timing out on SW:BF2 connection?

Post by Generalized Gaming »

I cant really get online cause of this...when starting the network config from Star wars battlefront 2's network config,i enter in all my IP information from XLINK KAI using the MAC address from my PS2. I get into the network config,and i get to the IP thing if its manual/Automatic. I choose manual beacause i have about 3 IP's i have to enter in. I did all that,and i cant set the DNS to automatic so i have to do THAT stuff,while entering in the gateway code (192.168.0.1) it goes to test my connection. and after a few seconds it times out. So i really need some help. :mrgreen:

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Re: Connection timing out on SW:BF2 connection?

Post by wawowe »

On your computer open a cmdprompt and ping all the ips your trying to use to make sure they work. Also if it's a static xlink mac address generated ip you need to have the xlink engine running on your computer while you use your ps2.
Does it fail when you try to use automatic?

assuming your router runs a dns, you can use it as your primary dns (192.168.0.1). otherwise use a public dns

Viscosity
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Post by Viscosity »

Is your ps2 connected to your router or your pc with xlink?

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Are you trying to setup a connection to use with Xlink Kai or to use with normal PS2 online games? Because if you are following the guide on making a manual connection for Xlink kai it tells you to use 192.168.0.1 for the dns. The guide for the manual xlink kai configuration also says to use 255.255.0.0 for the subnet mask.

You probably don't want to use those number for a normal online ps2 connection.
Normally a subnet mask is 255.255.255.0.

Try putting 192.168.1.1 for the dns since that is the most common router gateway. If you are on dsl internet it could be 192.168.2.1.