Xlink KAI showing question marks on console list?

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
Haunted360
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Haunted360

Xlink KAI showing question marks on console list?

Post by Haunted360 »

Hi. When ever I start Xlink KAI, all I see in the console list / game list, is question marks. Any ideas?

I read that the server is out of sync, but it has not been working for about 2 weeks now. I do not know how many users are in that section, so I cant play.

Thanks.

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Re: Xlink KAI showing question marks on console list?

Post by wawowe »

I almost always get question marks, but it hasn't ever stopped me from playing. Are you sure that's the reason or have you tried playing?

Haunted360
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai username: Haunted360

Post by Haunted360 »

wawowe wrote:I almost always get question marks, but it hasn't ever stopped me from playing. Are you sure that's the reason or have you tried playing?
Well it makes it hard to see the games currently active...

However, it is working again. Weird.

I am hosting Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 and my console it found so yes, I have tried playing.

hobojoe44
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai username: [STFU]*hobojoe44

Post by hobojoe44 »

Haunted360 wrote:
wawowe wrote:I almost always get question marks, but it hasn't ever stopped me from playing. Are you sure that's the reason or have you tried playing?
Well it makes it hard to see the games currently active...

However, it is working again. Weird.
The orbital system is garbage Xlink should have a single master server. The numbers stopped working right around a year ago. They may only work a few hours a day.
It's gotten even worse, I know connect to some server in Japan instead of the Montreal one which is running fine according to the Xlink orbital guide http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/orbitals.php

What's worse is that for me that sometimes when the numbers work I can't see people unless they join a filter after me. That means I can't join anyone already hosting, since if i can't see the host on xlink I can't see the game

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 9a2a16c7f4

Yea it's been a problem for awhile now. It's extremely annoying, but doesn't affect your ability to play xlink.

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

If I recall correctly, the Xlink admins made the choice to cut down on the information broadcasting from the servers during the Great Monster Hunter Rush. They claimed that it would allow the servers to continue operating without crashing, as the huge influx of MH players took a toll on the service.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Mytho wrote:If I recall correctly, the Xlink admins made the choice to cut down on the information broadcasting from the servers during the Great Monster Hunter Rush. They claimed that it would allow the servers to continue operating without crashing, as the huge influx of MH players took a toll on the service.
I am pretty sure I remember the question mark problem being really common even before that though. Maybe it got worse after the Monster Hunter thing, but I cannot remember for sure.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

I remember when i first got xlink setup in 08 i couldn't see numbers. I still get lucky sometimes though and see them.