new issue with tmbo/possible fix

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
maartyrr
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: maartyrr

new issue with tmbo/possible fix

Post by maartyrr »

I tried joining your TMBO sunday games several times through the course of the night, but was unable to. i didn't want to bug you guys, especially if you were in game. Everything seems to be setup correctly, I can see the games in the lobby, but when I click to join - the game sits there and either says I have a network error, or it freezes completely. I don't lose connection to the orbital sync on the pc end.. Anyone run into this sort of issue?

This issue only happens when I join the tmbo lobby in the ps2 servers. the TMA members usually stay in messenger mode and we are able to join up in game, that is as long as we have everyone added on our messenger list. If one player doesn't have everyone added the game rejects that person from joining.

So..I'm going to uninstall/reinstall kai once again to see if I can get it to work, but if for whatever reason the issue mentioned above still occurs, would you guys be willing to give it a shot to connect through messenger mode? Or would that be too much of a hassle? I know this site has a lot of members, but I definitely want to game with you guys again soon
(gmt-5)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: new issue with tmbo/possible fix

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Sometimes Xlink Kai will make one user unable to see the ping of another user. If that happens sometimes both of you cannot join a host at the same time. There is no sensible way to fix this usually. Sometimes restarting Xlink or your router can help though. It seems like this happens when people are on different orbital servers, but that might not be it either. Xlink Kai has a habit of being unpredictable. Some nights it runs flawless and we can have like 8 people joining up in games no problem. Other nights every other user cannot see someone's ping and its a huge stressful trial and error situation trying to figure out whose host will be visible to everyone.

I doubt being in messenger mode versus being in an arena makes a difference. Although I remember reading somewhere that technically an xlink kai admin can ban you if you are hosting a game in the wrong arena (or no arena) since I guess they want to be able to see who is playing what.

I'd be willing to test things with you another time though.

thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by thebadassdude »

whats tmbo
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under a loaded gun
And it cant be out fought,it cant be out done
it cant be out match.it cant be out run.NO!

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

I was initially having that same problem despite being able to see everyones ping. I got in after the host restarted the game. It was like there was a user limit or something. Other people were having problems too so we eventually switched to xbslink and that solved them. Sorry we didn't get you in the game. I don't think anyone would have a problem helping if you're having trouble getting in, in the future you should bug us. I'd be willing to test it with you also

i assume they were able to see my ping too since i got in without restarting xlink.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

thebadassdude wrote:whats tmbo
Heh, Did we really go through 2 posts without typing out the name of the game? Anyways, it's Twisted Metal Black Online:

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=33&t=159

maartyrr
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: maartyrr

Post by maartyrr »

awesome, thanks alot, and I should be around to test/game this week if anyone wants some matches
(gmt-5)