Cannot play online. Help!

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
MajinHalo521
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: MetaSwordzGuy695

Cannot play online. Help!

Post by MajinHalo521 »

I mis-posted this in another forum and worded it too specifically. Of the few (only two; Delta Force: Black Hawk Down and Star Wars Battlefront II) games I have that are are still online, I can connect to the internet, but on Delta Force it fails to log in to my GameSpy Account and on Battlefront II my connection will always drop in the operation frame of selecting a game to connect to, connecting to the game, or actually being in the game. When that happens, I will try to re-connect and it goes into a cycle of freezing anytime during connecting to the internet or filtering the game sessions, in which an error will pop up saying "connection to GameSpy account failed. Please try logging in at a later time" or something similar. The only way it can be fixed is by resetting the console, and re-starting the same process again. All I want to do is play online for once; I've never done it before and I'd very much like to. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(gmt-5)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Cannot play online. Help!

Post by lazyhoboguy »

How is your playstation 2 setup for online? Like you connecting it to a router? I own sbwf2 and can try getting online on it to see if I have any problems with it.

MajinHalo521

Post by MajinHalo521 »

I use a pair of Netgear Powerline Network Adpaters, one plugged into my wireless router on the ground level of my home and the other into the PS2. The speed fluctuates between 20 and 26 MBPS and sometimes drops below 19 MBPS. Iv'e tried to plug the one connected to the wireless router into the networking port of this computer, which offers the highest speed possible at 85 MBPS, but then the PS2 refuses to authenticate DNAS. I've tried everything to get it to authenticate, from opening specific firewall ports to cutting any unnecessary programs that don't need to be run during play.
(gmt-5)

noonotthat
site admin
Xlink Kai username: noonotthat

Post by noonotthat »

The last resort thing to try would be connect your ps2 directly to you modem and make a network account specifically for that and see if that works for you.
No lube for me!

MajinHalo521

Post by MajinHalo521 »

The extremely ironic thing is that I had the computer right next to my room off, got online without any trouble or freezing, then messed around on two lobbies, got killed a few times, then got off. I'm thoroughly surprised the connection didn't fail. I'll try later to see if this was the problem, seeing as this computer is on at the moment.
(gmt-5)