Midnight Club II Online Setup Query

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
DCSchark
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: [twnturbo]

Midnight Club II Online Setup Query

Post by DCSchark »

After trying to go online for the third time these past two weeks, I can't seem to host or join races. Can anyone tell me what I must do in order to play this marvelous racing game online? I want to race here really badly! :cry:
(gmt-4)
I am on the EST Timezone.
PS2 Games I Own (LAN/Online): Midnight Club II, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition REMIX, Gran Turismo 4, WWE SmackDown! vs RAW Star Wars Battlefront II

DCSchark

Re: Midnight Club II Online Setup Query

Post by DCSchark »

Help? :(
(gmt-4)
PS2 Games I Own (LAN/Online): Midnight Club II, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition REMIX, Gran Turismo 4, WWE SmackDown! vs RAW Star Wars Battlefront II

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I just picked up another copy of this game. So will try connecting myself when I have some time. If you cannot host, it might be that the game requires ports to be forwarded to your ps2.

DCSchark

Post by DCSchark »

lazyhoboguy wrote:I just picked up another copy of this game. So will try connecting myself when I have some time. If you cannot host, it might be that the game requires ports to be forwarded to your ps2.
What is "port forwarding"?
(gmt-4)

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Some ps2 games wont let you host unless certain ports are open to the ps2. You'd have to setup a static IP address on your ps2. Then you'd have to login to t your router menu and open up the port/ports to your ps2's IP address. The best thing to do is to just set your ps2's IP address on DMZ mode in the router menu since it opens all ports. That will make it so you wont have any hosting problems.

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Freddy, noonotthat, mytho and I were going to play this on friday. We ran into the same problem you had. They could host and join each other, but I couldnt join no matter what I tried. Freddy was hosting on dmz (ports were open to his ps2). So, since I still could not join it means that you need ports open to your playstation 2 even in order to join. So you'd have to make a static IP address for your playstation 2 and open up your router menu and set your ps2's static IP address on dmz mode.

Or, since this game has a LAN mode, it might be easier to try playing with someone through Xlink Kai. SInce it only requires one port to be open, and for many people xlink kai will work without any port forwarding.