Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Account Creation Back Online!

Here are guides for using the website, guides for setting up Xlink Kai, online game lists, and other PS2 online info.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Account Creation Back Online!

Post by lazyhoboguy »

lazyhoboguy

How is this possible?
As many of us know, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for PS2 remains online, maintained by GameSpy. A few years ago, it seems that EA removed any BF2:MC related content from their servers. This included a Terms of Service agreement that is required for creating a new GameSpy ID, as the file must be downloaded and viewed in-game before creating an account. What I have done is reproduced these files so that players are seamlessly able to create a new GameSpy ID for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat online!

Here are some images of me going through the account creation process:
('GAMESPY ID MANAGEMENT' --> 'CREATE NEW ID')

(Example account, showing that the account creation process works)

In order to be able to create a new GameSpy ID account for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, just set your Primary DNS Server in your PS2 Network Configuration to:

(DNS 2 hosted by Bobz of BobzEnt.info;The DNS server number occasionally changes, so if you are having trouble please check BobzEnt.info and compare DNS 2 to what you have saved on your memory card)
or

NOTE: Using this DNS configuration is NOT required for online play. You will only need to connect to this server if you would like to create a new GameSpy ID account. After you create and save your account information, you may connect online normally and play with your new account(s)!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

If you have this game and would like to schedule a time to play, reply to this thread or post a topic over in the Game Scheduling section.

Be sure to spread the word.

See you on the Battlefield!

Special thanks to FreddY for re-enabling GameSpy ID account creation for Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.