How to Play Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Online Again

Here are guides for using the website, guides for setting up Xlink Kai, online game lists, and other PS2 online info.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

How to Play Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Online Again

Post by lazyhoboguy »

lazyhoboguy

How is this possible?
The online server for Mortal Kombat: Armageddon for PS2 remains online, maintained by GameSpy. Somewhere along the line, it seems that GameSpy changed the permissions of some of the MK: Armageddon related content on their servers, making them non-accessible to outside requests. This included a script which fetches the current date that the player is logging in, which is required for connecting to the online lobby. What I have done is reproduced these files so that players are seamlessly able to connect to Mortal Kombat: Armageddon online!

Here are some images of me accessing Mortal Kombat: Armageddon online:

(Error message received when attempting to access MK: Armageddon's online mode normally; Server is temporarily unavailable. Please try connecting again at a later time.)

(Online Lobby)

(Hosting game lobby/room)

In order to play online, just set your Primary DNS Server in your PS2 Network Configuration to:

(DNS 2 hosted by Bobz of BobzEnt.info; The DNS server number occasionally changes, so if you are having trouble please check BobzEnt.info and compare DNS 2 to what you have saved on your memory card)
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

If you have this game and would like to schedule a time to play, reply to this thread or post a topic over in the Game Scheduling section.

Being that the online servers for all Original Xbox games have been terminated, this is the only way to play Mortal Kombat: Armageddon online!

Be sure to spread the word.

Flawless Victory!

Special thanks to FreddY for re-enabling online play for Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.