Heroes of the Pacific

Go here to talk about Playstation 2 online games that can be LAN tunneled through programs like Xlink Kai.

lazyhoboguy
    site admin
    Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
    Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Heroes of the Pacific

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea I was assuming this game would be dead online playercount wise. Happy to see I was wrong.

The Don
    Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
    Xlink Kai username: bkchi

Post by The Don »

This is kind of a fun game. I understand it gets better once you unlock some of the cooler planes, the jets and whatnot. One strange thing: most, if not all, games use DNAS when playing on the Internet. This one connects to DNAS even when you're in LAN mode. My game LAN isn't connected to the Internet, so when my friends and I play at my place we have to wait for the DNAS thing to time out.
    (gmt-5)

Mytho
    Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
    Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

The Don wrote:One strange thing: most, if not all, games use DNAS when playing on the Internet. This one connects to DNAS even when you're in LAN mode. My game LAN isn't connected to the Internet, so when my friends and I play at my place we have to wait for the DNAS thing to time out.
    So the LAN mode works independently of DNAS (once you have timed out)?
    (gmt-5)
    Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

The Don
    Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
    Xlink Kai username: bkchi

Post by The Don »

Right, once DNAS times out it will work, but you have to wait a while for it to try to connect to DNAS.
    (gmt-5)

IRON_PIMP
    Level 5: 187 Avoid this Game or Die
    Xlink Kai username: IRON_PIMP

Post by IRON_PIMP »

Well guys I don't know what "version" of the game you have, but I just connected to KAI in 25 to Life Arena and there was no DNAS check.
    Also, for LAN, I am running this game from the HDD--it's a lot faster loading time.

As far as game play, I have not really played this game ONLINE a lot to accurately describe it (Still newbie stage). Crimson was about as close as I could get

Campaign mode is pretty cool too IMO.

lazyhoboguy
    site admin
    Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Fredy, Mytho and I played thsi game abit tonight. It is still online on it's normal server, but it also has a LAN mode. We discovered that this game has some pretty great features. In both the online mode and LAN mode you can play online with another person in split screen. There are also bots online or in the LAN mode. It is pretty rare for the LAN modes of games to have bots or allow split screen through LAN, and it's even rarer that a game allows both of these things like this game does.

We played like a hour, but we still dont really feel like we can judge the game yet because the game has a bit of a learning curve. The game runs well and has a lot of great features, so hopefully after we get comfortable with the controls we will end up liking the game a lot.

letsgothere
    Gone for 25 to Life...
    Gone for 25 to Life...
    Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by letsgothere »

I was gonna buy this game but nobody playing online