Dance Dance Revolution X

Go here to talk about Playstation 2 online games that can be LAN tunneled through programs like Xlink Kai.

Viscosity
    site admin
    Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Dance Dance Revolution X

Post by Viscosity »

This game has no Online Mode but has an 8 player Lan Mode. My sister used to have a dance pad for this but she sold it. http://www.amazon.com/Dance-Revolution- ... 049&sr=1-2 You can get the game with a mat for 17 dollars with super saver shipping. It also uses the eyetoy so you can see yourself dance. Even if you don't think you'll like this game it is a different game to try than the shooters and racing games we almost always play. This also gives you a workout (don't believe me? read the reviews or play the game). It is an oddball game that deserves to at least be mentioned and maybe eventually we can try this out once the price goes down.

NoLimits
    Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
    Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Re: Dance Dance Revolution X

Post by NoLimits »

Heh, that's interesting. I'll...look...into it ;)

Viscosity
    site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Yeah I wouldn't rush out and get it but this would be nice side game to play every now and then to get away from the games we always play. Since it doesn't have an online mode I wonder how it would run under LAN mode. The other games have an Online mode so it might be fine but it might be like the gamecube and be very laggy.

lazyhoboguy
    site admin
    Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Exercise and Gaming at once???? No thank you lol. I have never actually tried DDR, so I am a tiny bit interested in trying it, but my room in this apartment is far too small to let me setup a dance mat.

Viscosity
    site admin

Post by Viscosity »

yeah same but the mat is pretty small. Just don't fall lol. It would be a pain in the ass to do it in my room too. Just to be specific here are the dimensions of the mat: 144 x 96 x 48 inches ; 1.9 pounds from this one: http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-2-DDR ... vg_title_3

NoLimits
    Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
    Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

Favrenation wrote:Since it doesn't have an online mode I wonder how it would run under LAN mode. The other games have an Online mode so it might be fine but it might be like the gamecube and be very laggy.
    Timesplitters 2 doesn't have online but the LAN seems to work fine w/o lag. So it might be alright.

Viscosity
    site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Yeah but they were planning on making ts2 online but they just made LAN. But i got the game now if anybody who has it or wants to get it is interested.

Mytho
    Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
    Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

I checked the Amazon link in the OP out of curiosity, and noticed the DDR X bundle was only $11.98 with Prime. The DDR bundles used to be around $60 back in the game's heyday, so this is a great deal for anyone on the fence about this game. I myself might bite for that price, even though I have DDR and a dance mat for another console.
    (gmt-5)
    Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Masquarr
    Level 22: Rogue Soldier
    Xlink Kai username: masquedwarrior

Post by Masquarr »

Favrenation wrote:...Since it doesn't have an online mode I wonder how it would run under LAN mode. The other games have an Online mode so it might be fine but it might be like the gamecube and be very laggy.
    Take a look at the box art on the Amazon page. You'll see a tiny grey rectangle "Online: Broadband Only" Logo. Apparently, Konami originally wanted to include online multiplayer, but canned the feature at the last minute. This means that for the LAN mode, they probably just used the same net-code that they were going to use for the online mode. This in turn means that this game will probably play well when tunneled over the internet!
    (gmt-4)

Viscosity
    site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Well I have a dance pad and the game so anyone who wants to try it out just shoot me a PM.