Speculating on what other games might include LAN

Go here to talk about Playstation 2 online games that can be LAN tunneled through programs like Xlink Kai.

Masquarr
    Level 22: Rogue Soldier
    Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
    Xlink Kai username: masquedwarrior

Speculating on what other games might include LAN

Post by Masquarr »

I'm not sure where lazyhoboguy got his list of games with LAN support, but I'm guessing it came from the list at OC. However, we have seen that the list is missing some games, such as Fight Club and Crash Tag Team Racing. In some instances, this may be because lordnikon, the administrator of that site, was uninterested in the game, and thus didn't bother to check to see if it has LAN mode or not.

Before noonotthat discovered Fight Club's LAN mode, I had noticed that the Xbox version of the game features system link (LAN mode.) There were other games whose Xbox versions had system link, but in which case, the PS2 versions did not show up on lordnikon's list. For a while, I assumed that the PS2 versions of the games simply did not have LAN, but after Fight Club, I started to wonder if some of those other games do have LAN, but lordnikon wasn't interested in finding out.

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent

187: Ride or Die
    I think it's very likely that lordnikon never bothered to check this one, because he strongly urged others to not buy it.

Commandos Strike Force

Ford Versus Chevy
    This one's an oddity. I actually took a look at the back of a copy of the Xbox version, while at a department store, and I'm fairly certain that the cover art only listed online multiplayer, for 1-2 players, with no system link. Yet, the scan at that site says it supports system link, for 1-6 players. It is possible that the copy I found was a misprint, and the scan at MobyGames is from an errata that was issued at a later date, or vice-versa.

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30

Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood

Delta Force: Black Hawk Down

Flatout
    Not only does the Xbox version of this game apparently have system link, but according to a topic posted somewhere at this board, the PS2 version(/s) of Flatout and/or Flatout 2 have/has LAN mode.

My Street (This game was only released for the PS2, but according to FreddY, it supports LAN.)

So, if any of you own any of these games, and could check to see whether or not they include LAN, please do so, and report your findings. None of the games I listed interested me that much, (except for the Flatout games, because I've heard that they're similar to the Burnout games. I was disheartened when EA finally terminated the Burnout 3 master lists.) Nevertheless, I think it would be nice if we could have as complete of a list as possible.
    (gmt-4)

lazyhoboguy
    site admin
    Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Speculating on what other games might include LAN

Post by lazyhoboguy »

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... ?f=29&t=30

The LAN game list on our site isn't directly taken from OC's actually if you look at the sources. It combines info from several sources. Plus I have personally seen the LAN modes in a lot of the games.

I still need to update the LAN game list with a few games like fight club.

NoLimits
    Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
    Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

I'm pretty sure Brother in Arms: Road to Hill 30 doesnt have a LAN mode but I can check

hobojoe44
    Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
    Xlink Kai username: [STFU]*hobojoe44

Post by hobojoe44 »

Masquarr wrote:
    Before noonotthat discovered Fight Club's LAN mode, I had noticed that the Xbox version of the game features system link (LAN mode.) There were other games whose Xbox versions had system link, but in which case, the PS2 versions did not show up on lordnikon's list. For a while, I assumed that the PS2 versions of the games simply did not have LAN, but after Fight Club, I started to wonder if some of those other games do have LAN, but lordnikon wasn't interested in finding out. .
    It's odd that most cross platform games where the XBox version has Lan and the PS2 doesn't.
    Masquarr wrote: Ford Versus Chevy
    This one's an oddity. I actually took a look at the back of a copy of the Xbox version, while at a department store, and I'm fairly certain that the cover art only listed online multiplayer, for 1-2 players, with no system link. Yet, the scan at that site says it supports system link, for 1-6 players. It is possible that the copy I found was a misprint, and the scan at MobyGames is from an errata that was issued at a later date, or vice-versa.
    Ford Versus Chevy has a filter for it on both XBC and Xlink (Xbox section but not PS2) that goes for most games if it doesn't have a filter on Xlink it's safe to assume it doesn't have Lan. But as there are games on that list of lazy's that don't have their own filters you guy should go harass the xlink mods to add them.

As for the misprint thing some games are moronic like that stating they have Lan support but don't, all the Outlaw sports games are prime examples of that.
    Masquarr wrote:
    Flatout
    Not only does the Xbox version of this game apparently have system link, but according to a topic posted somewhere at this board, the PS2 version(/s) of Flatout and/or Flatout 2 have/has LAN mode. .
    It was a fucking stupid move for flatout 2 not to have Lan support as improvements over the first flatout are huge.

Viscosity
    site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Yeah mystreet has LAN mode be it an "odd" game to have it. That doesn't have an arena on xlink too. Also i found this from the link Masquedwarrior found.
    Do not buy this game. Please save your money. You should not be buying this game ever. I will buy this game for $1.00 down the road, and if the game has a question mark for its termination date, so be it.
    This was for that 187 ride game.

The game is broken, ugly, and is a cash-in game trying to capitalize on "gangsta" themes around the time when GTA San Andreas came out. "187 Ride or Die" and "And 1 Streetball" are probobly the worst Playstation 2 online games period. Never buy them.
    If he never played it or owned it then how can he make these statements?

Masquarr

Post by Masquarr »

Another subject of note is PS2 games that supposedly have a LAN mode which can be accessed if the master list is down, but in which case one must pass DNAS before accessing the LAN option.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f99/lan-onl ... -8b-52279/
    Games that are still under testing to see if their LAN modes can be accessed by editing the ISO image.*These games can only access the LAN mode after the DNAS check, thus my editing experimentation. Please don't hesistate to edit these games yourself as I don't have every game on this list.

1. Medal of Honor Rising Sun
    2. Warhammer 40,000k Firewarrior
    3. Pro Evolution Soccer 5
    Medal of Honor Rising Sun- Lordnikon of Onlineconsoles said that he connected two PS2s to the same network, and put a copy of MoHRS in each one. He said that after extensive testing, he was unable to get its LAN mode to work, and therefore concluded that it is broken. If anyone has access to two copies of MoHRS, in addition to two PS2s, please try to see if you can get the LAN mode to work. Report the model number of each PS2 that you used, the model of the router that you connected them to, and any other information that you think is relevant.

Warhammer 40,000k Firewarrior- From what I've heard, Warhammer 40,000k Firewarrior's "backup option" isn't LAN, per se. It's a direct-IP connection, but it can be used to connect two consoles that are on the same local area network.

Pro Evolution Soccer 5- Prior to seeing the list at psx-scene, I had never heard that Pro Evolution Soccer 5 has LAN. I did a quick web search, from which I found that the PC version of the game has LAN. I could not find any evidence that the PS2 version has LAN, but if anyone wants to do any research, please do so, and report your results to this forum.

I know that even if these games do have functioning LAN modes, they aren't online forever, but I still think it would be worth it to find out.
    (gmt-4)

Viscosity
    site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Yeah for MOH Rising Sun you would need to find a way to disable dnas in the game. Xlink kai blocks dnas and xbslink because it taking all the network packets and sending to directly to the xlink kai network.

Masquarr

Post by Masquarr »

You're right, that issue would need to be straightened out in order for the game to be tunneled. However, the more immediate problem is to determine whether or not MOHRS's LAN mode even enables two PS2s on the same LAN to play with each other, regardless of whether or not a tunneling program is running on the same subnet, (Lordnikon implied that he didn't have Xlink Kai running at all.) But that would be something to tell anybody who wants to test it: make sure that Xlink Kai isn't running on any computer that's on the same LAN. To go even further, turn off all computers that are connected to the same LAN, if convenient.
    (gmt-4)

Viscosity
    site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Well I have 2 ps2's. I need to get a network adapter for my fat. I should be able to get at the end of the week. I will try to test it whenever i have the chance then.

Masquarr

Post by Masquarr »

I just found out that the page wherein lordnikon talks about testing the game's LAN mode is still up. Through XMPP, he told me that he used a Playstation 3 and a Playstation 2, rather than two Playsation 2's, to test its LAN mode.
    (gmt-4)