Tunneling Program Progress

Go here to talk about Playstation 2 online games that can be LAN tunneled through programs like Xlink Kai.

SHARKGUN
    Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
    Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
    Xlink Kai username: SHARKGUN

Re: Tunneling Program Progress

Post by SHARKGUN »

Xbslink works now. :D
    Last edited by SHARKGUN on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    (gmt+1)

Mytho
    Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
    Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
    Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

Panko1 wrote:Once you get your XBS set, the only reason to ever get back on XLink would be to play with the people here. Unfortunately most people here seem to be stuck on XLink, or haven't tried XBS yet. To get your game online on XBS is not as hard as it seems.
    The problem for me is that while XBSlink works, I have zero control over what ports are or aren't forwarded by the ISP here at school. So if somebody else shows up that also has no control over their connection, such as lazyhoboguy, we can't play. I have tried everything on my end, from UPnP to DMZ, and it still does not work. It works fine when I'm at home, but when I'm at school, it doesn't. With Xlink Kai, I still have trouble, but I can get it to work with some patience and restarting.

I even called my apartment complex's ISP and they admitted that some services are blocked due to file-sharing concerns. The biggest joke, though, is that I'm able to torrent and download stuff from RS/MU, but can't host a cloud on XBSlink. Where is the sense in that? :?
    (gmt-5)
    Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

wawowe
    site admin
    Xlink Kai Setup?: no
    Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

Mytho wrote:The problem for me is that while XBSlink works, I have zero control over what ports are or aren't forwarded by the ISP here at school. So if somebody else shows up that also has no control over their connection, such as lazyhoboguy, we can't play. I have tried everything on my end, from UPnP to DMZ, and it still does not work. It works fine when I'm at home, but when I'm at school, it doesn't. With Xlink Kai, I still have trouble, but I can get it to work with some patience and restarting.

I even called my apartment complex's ISP and they admitted that some services are blocked due to file-sharing concerns.
    I wonder if the ISP at your school is blocking ports above 30000.. That is an "anti-p2p" measure that some isps take. it would make sense because xlink uses upnp to forward port 30000 by default, while xbslink uses upnp to forward port 31415 by default. Try setting the incoming port to somewhere between 8000 and 9000 in xbslink's settings tab.