Tunneling Program Progress

Go here to talk about Playstation 2 online games that can be LAN tunneled through programs like Xlink Kai.

SHARKGUN
    Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
    Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
    Xlink Kai username: SHARKGUN

Tunneling Program Progress

Post by SHARKGUN »

Hey, it's been a while since I've been on this site.

I wanted to ask how the programs have improved while I was absent. I assume that xbslink is still better than xlinkkai?

Are there any advises you could give me before I set up xbslink?
    (gmt+1)

Mytho
    Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
    Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Re: Tunneling Program Progress

Post by Mytho »

Nothing has really changed. XBSlink hasn't been updated for several months, nor has Kai. A few more people here are starting to use XBSlink, but most of the community is still centered around Kai.
    (gmt-5)
    Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

hobojoe44
    Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
    Xlink Kai username: [STFU]*hobojoe44

Post by hobojoe44 »

A few of us at http://www.encyde.se (including myself) have been trying to get all the active members to get XBSlink set up.
    We are getting sick of how broken kai is and that the orbitals are to blame 90% of the time people have connection problems. Be it not being able to see a player on the right of a filter (aka arena) so you can't connect to the host and so on. So many wasted hours because of such BS.

We had problems with everyone connecting in the game Phantom Dust every time on Kai yet after they all had XBSlink set up (took less then 15 minutes) we had no problems what so ever.

SHARKGUN

Post by SHARKGUN »

Do I have to enable some sort of port forwarding for xbslink?
    (gmt+1)

wawowe
    site admin
    Xlink Kai Setup?: no
    Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

SHARKGUN wrote:Do I have to enable some sort of port forwarding for xbslink?
    Both xlink kai and xbslink use upnp (if available) to forward ports.
    With xbslink you have to use a manual network config on your ps2, and you have to tell xbslink your ps2's MAC address.

Panko1
    Level 1: Deer Hunter
    Xlink Kai username: Panko1

Post by Panko1 »

SHARKGUN wrote:I assume that xbslink is still better than xlinkkai?
    I’m one of the few here and I also know a lot more of people who use XBSlink, and yes, it's still way better than XLink Kai. XLink Kai still has the same old connection problem in some games and I don't think they will ever fix that, and even if they do, it won't be better than the old P2P connection from XBSlink.
    Mytho wrote:A few more people here are starting to use XBSlink, but most of the community is still centered around Kai.
    Once you get your XBS set, the only reason to ever get back on XLink would be to play with the people here. Unfortunately most people here seem to be stuck on XLink, or haven't tried XBS yet. To get your game online on XBS is not as hard as it seems.
    SHARKGUN wrote:Are there any advises you could give me before I set up xbslink?
    The only thing an XLink user might need to get online on XBS is a saved manual network configuration and to let UPnP enabled which is also required to play some games on XLink as well. You can also add your MAC Address on Settings. If you have anymore doubt you can ask me here or PM me, I'll be glad to help. I can even help you test a game on XBS.
    hobojoe44 wrote:A few of us at http://www.encyde.se (including myself) have been trying to get all the active members to get XBSlink set up.
    People from my Brazilian community have been on XBS long before me, they were the ones who "forced" me to play on XBS with them. Luckly with the help of this site, I had already set my manual config to play JakX on XLink before, so I have connected right at my first try, and haven't needed their help. I have played succesfuly on XBS with 7 Brazilians so far. Here is the list of games I've played:
    • ATV Offroad Fury 4
    • Conflict: Global Terror
    • Gran Turismo 4
    • TOCA Race Driver 3
    • TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
    I'm glad to see Europeans and Canadians like SHARKGUN and hobojoe44 getting XBSlink online just like we Brazilians do, too bad most people from this site are still on XLink Kai even with all the connection problems. Wawowe has been the only one from this site who played on XBS with me so far. I hope to get more people here to play on XBS as well.
    (gmt-3)

SHARKGUN

Post by SHARKGUN »

Okay, I know have a manual* and an automatic PS2 Network Configuration.

* IP 10.253.122.13/16 + GW: 192.168.178.1

I'll download the xbslink client now. My network setup is as follows:

DSL <--> Router (192.168.178.1/24) <--> Notebook (192.168.178.202/24, no DHCP)

I ran xlink kai through my notebook in bridged mode with the auto config if I remember correctly. Therefore I'd connect the PS2 with my Notebook the same way:

DSL --> Router (192.168.178.1/24) <-WLAN-> Notebook (192.168.178.202/24, no DHCP) <-Cat5-> PS2 (*)

Does someone here use a similar setup?
    (gmt+1)

wawowe
    site admin

Post by wawowe »

that should work

SHARKGUN

Post by SHARKGUN »

Can someone test the xbslink connectivity with me on Timesplitters Future Perfect, please? :-)
    (gmt+1)

wawowe
    site admin

Post by wawowe »

yes :) i'll make a cloud called "ts-ps2".
    feel free to join the chat or contact me on another instant messenger as well