Timezone Clocks in Signatures Temporarily Disabled

Here we will post about changes to the site and will make announcements about other things important to the community.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Timezone Clocks in Signatures Temporarily Disabled

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I noticed today that the site was running extremely slowly and that threads would load one post at a time, at a snail's pace. Asked some others to see if it was just my internet connection and it wasn't. Artur noticed the timezone signature clocks weren't loading. The site that hosts them must be down, so its causing each post to take forever to load until it realizes the clock site is down.

For now then, I've disabled the time zone signature clocks to keep the site running fast. Hopefully the site that hosts those clocks is only down temporarily and I can reactivate them soon. If not, I'll have to find another similar free site that hosts time zone clocks like that.

You dont have to do anything different. Even if the the current site that hosts the clocks is down for good. I'll probably just find another site to replace them and the code in your signature will be same.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Timezone Clocks in Signatures Temporarily Disabled

Post by lazyhoboguy »

As you might of noticed, clocks are back in your signatures. However, they are different than the previous ones. They are simple, but our hosted by our site, so we wont have to worry about random other sites going offline affecting our clocks anymore. Wawowe and Favrenation get all the credit for coming up with this solution.