Biohazard Outbreak: File #1 and #2 return from the dead!

Here we will post about changes to the site and will make announcements about other things important to the community.
Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Re: Biohazard Outbreak: File #1 and #2 return from the dead!

Post by Mytho »

YoWatsUp wrote:Well, if they managed to bring a dead game back online, doesn't that mean that ANY dead online game is able to live again? I would love if hackers bring back games like Burnout Revenge.
It's much more complicated than having hackers simply take a look at a game. You need to have packets logged from the game in order to get a sense of how it works online. If you don't have packets detailing how the game functions online, then you're SOL. Additionally, you may also need external network services that tied into the game to be functioning. It's nearly impossible to even know where to begin if you don't have something to work off of.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Nightcrawlerz
Level 9: Greg Hasting's Competition Squirtguns Max'd
Xlink Kai username: nightcrawlerz

Post by Nightcrawlerz »

Mytho wrote:UPDATE: Biohazard Outbreak: File #2 is now open to the public. Additionally, Biohazard Outbreak: File #1 has also been revived thanks to the efforts of obsrv.org. As with File #2, you will need an NTSC-J (Japanese) copy of File #1 in order to connect to the server.

Hot on the heels of the return of Metal Gear Online comes news that Biohazard Outbreak: File #2 (the Japanese version of Resident Evil Outbreak: File #2) is also back online!

As of this time, there is no word on whether or not the NTSC-U/C and PAL versions of Biohazard Outbreak: File #2 will return. The original Biohazard Outbreak/RE Outbreak are up in the air as well.
- How do I play online?
You need a patched (look up, 'DNAS patch' in Google) Japanese Biohazard Outbreak File #2 ISO.
You can either use BASARA's Guide for PS2 (http://obsrv.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=381) or Jchaps's guide for emulators (http://obsrv.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=388). Both need activated accounts on OBsvr forum.
If you need a translation patch, check http://resouttrans.blogspot.com/ for more details.

Source: http://pastebin.com/PqExXNNb

best news I've received since I started playing online ps2 too late ... I will now test the REO and call some friends to play ... Thank you.

RE: O File 1 works with NTSC-U? and File 2 need NTSC-J?

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

Nightcrawlerz wrote:RE: O File 1 works with NTSC-U? and File 2 need NTSC-J?
You will need a NTSC-J (Japanese) copy of Biohazard: Outbreak File #1 in order to connect to the server. Biohazard: Outbreak File #2 also requires a NTSC-J copy as well.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Nightcrawlerz
Level 9: Greg Hasting's Competition Squirtguns Max'd
Xlink Kai username: nightcrawlerz

Post by Nightcrawlerz »

EDIT: Works fine with HD Loader and Open PS2 Loader :)

----------------------

Hello, I need a help, I'm trying to play RE Outbreak but when I put the game on PS2 in the the first loading it don't load, I tried 2 different Iso and there was the same problem, someone played the Japanese version? could be locking in my american console? note: before burn the game I applied the patch to put it in English, soon I'll test it without putting the patch.

thanks.