All GameSpy games on all platforms being shut down on May 31

Here we will post about changes to the site and will make announcements about other things important to the community.
xCrI$TiAhNx
Level 8: COD2 BRO-ther
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: xCrISTiAhNx

Re: All GameSpy games on all platforms being shut down on Ma

Post by xCrI$TiAhNx »

Viscosity wrote:I have a dns server that I can redirect to openspy. The problem is that openspy doesn't support account creation. So games like battlefield 2 might seize to work. Battefront II has the option to sign in as a guest so that might still work. If you were to host a dedicated server you would just need to edit your hosts file like masqedwarrior said and point it to openspy.
This is for the simple reason that some addresses of "OpenSpy" are incorrectly located.

I say this because I researched for quite time about this topic. I created a DNS server (Thanks to "Freddy"). With my DNS server I have managed to relocate some addresses that were incorrectly located, I combined some adresses of "GameSpy" that still work properly, with some "OpenSpy" adresses.
I managed to run games that with "OpenSpy" DNS not working (For the reason that I said above)

For example :

- Delta Force: Black Hawk Down
- Area 51 ( PS2 and PC version )
- TOCA Race Driver 3
- The Fast and the Furious
- Ford vs. Chevy
- Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
- Marvel : Ultimate Alliance
- X -Men Legends II : Rise of Apocalypse
- WWE SmackDown VS Raw 2006
- Crash 'N ' Burn
- Heroes of the Pacific
- Urban Chaos: Riot Response
- Conflict: Global Storm
- Rogue Trooper

Other more ...

Unfortunately, I have two problems. My DNS server can not keep open 24 hours.
The other reason is that I do not have static IP.

That's why I wanted to know any possibility to cooperate with the owners of "OpenSpy", because I have plenty free time and I like everything about this topic.

I hope this can be understood properly, because my English is not very good. My native language is Spanish.

Greetings to all and thanks :)
DNS Server: 45.7.228.197

PlayStation 2 Online - Official Comunnity: https://ps2online.com/

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Cristiahnxx

Twitch Channel: http://twitch.tv/xcristiahnx

(gmt-3)

Masquarr
Level 22: Rogue Soldier
Xlink Kai username: masquedwarrior

Post by Masquarr »

I've been trying to point my Star Wars Battlefront II server to Openspy, but I've not been having success so far. I know the domain names that need to be added to hosts; those are as follows:

swbfront2ps2.available.gamespy.com
swbfront2ps2.master.gamespy.com

What I haven't been able to figure out is which IP address(/es) to resolve them to. I've set my computer to use the DNS servers 199.195.251.151, 74.65.241.66 , 99.108.122, and 208.67.222.222. No matter what, my computer gets back the same result for those domain names, which is Gamespy's actual IP address. (69.10.30.248) So please tell me, what is Openspy's IP address? I would take up my question with Openspy or Bobzent.info, but Openspy's Disqus comment section isn't loading properly and Bobz Entertainment's forums yield SQL error messages when I go to them.
(gmt-4)

xCrI$TiAhNx
Level 8: COD2 BRO-ther
Xlink Kai username: xCrISTiAhNx

Post by xCrI$TiAhNx »

Masquarr wrote:I've been trying to point my Star Wars Battlefront II server to Openspy, but I've not been having success so far. I know the domain names that need to be added to hosts; those are as follows:

What I haven't been able to figure out is which IP address(/es) to resolve them to. I've set my computer to use the DNS servers 199.195.251.151, 74.65.241.66 , 99.108.122, and 208.67.222.222. No matter what, my computer gets back the same result for those domain names, which is Gamespy's actual IP address. (69.10.30.248) So please tell me, what is Openspy's IP address? I would take up my question with Openspy or Bobzent.info, but Openspy's Disqus comment section isn't loading properly and Bobz Entertainment's forums yield SQL error messages when I go to them.
I've tried, but is failing. Everything works fine, except for the domain to find a room (swbfront2ps2.ms4.gamespy.com).

I want to remind you that not all domains contain the same IP address. To obtain an IP address, open "Command Prompt" and type this (example):

ping swbfront2ps2.master.gamespy.com

So you can get the IP address of the domains.

If you want to find the IP address of a domain "OpenSpy", you only change "gamespy.com" to "openspy.net". For example:
swbfront2ps2.master.gamespy.com to swbfront2ps2.master.openspy.net

:D
Last edited by xCrI$TiAhNx on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DNS Server: 45.7.228.197

PlayStation 2 Online - Official Comunnity: https://ps2online.com/

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Cristiahnxx

Twitch Channel: http://twitch.tv/xcristiahnx

(gmt-3)

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Yeah there are a few things that aren't forwarded correctly on bobz servers. I have gotten cold winter to work correctly on openspy. But cold winter still doesn't support account creation. Any game that makes you register more than a nickname will probably not work on openspy. Battlefront two has the option to sign in as a guest so that could still potentially work. Ive heard from Freddy that account creation is being worked on but I have no idea how far they have gotten.

JimMeister
Level 7: PacifistZone

Post by JimMeister »

What are the DNS IP's you use to connect to Area 51 and Cold Winter?!

Masquarr

Post by Masquarr »

I set up a dedicated SWBFII server called "Openspytest." It should be up now. Please tell me whether or not you can connect to it!
(gmt-4)

chak88
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by chak88 »

xCrI$TiAhNx wrote:
Viscosity wrote:I have a dns server that I can redirect to openspy. The problem is that openspy doesn't support account creation. So games like battlefield 2 might seize to work. Battefront II has the option to sign in as a guest so that might still work. If you were to host a dedicated server you would just need to edit your hosts file like masqedwarrior said and point it to openspy.
This is for the simple reason that some addresses of "OpenSpy" are incorrectly located.

I say this because I researched for quite time about this topic. I created a DNS server (Thanks to "Freddy"). With my DNS server I have managed to relocate some addresses that were incorrectly located, I combined some adresses of "GameSpy" that still work properly, with some "OpenSpy" adresses.
I managed to run games that with "OpenSpy" DNS not working (For the reason that I said above)

For example :

- Delta Force: Black Hawk Down
- Area 51 ( PS2 and PC version )
- TOCA Race Driver 3
- The Fast and the Furious
- Ford vs. Chevy
- Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
- Marvel : Ultimate Alliance
- X -Men Legends II : Rise of Apocalypse
- WWE SmackDown VS Raw 2006
- Crash 'N ' Burn
- Heroes of the Pacific
- Urban Chaos: Riot Response
- Conflict: Global Storm
- Rogue Trooper

Other more ...

Unfortunately, I have two problems. My DNS server can not keep open 24 hours.
The other reason is that I do not have static IP.

That's why I wanted to know any possibility to cooperate with the owners of "OpenSpy", because I have plenty free time and I like everything about this topic.

I hope this can be understood properly, because my English is not very good. My native language is Spanish.

Greetings to all and thanks :)
How do you connect to Area 51 ?

Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

Masquarr wrote:I've been trying to point my Star Wars Battlefront II server to Openspy, but I've not been having success so far. I know the domain names that need to be added to hosts; those are as follows:

For testing things like this 99.108... is your best bet as of now. My DNS 1 (199.195.251.151) has been broken for a while now (not really broken, just cutoff due to DNS spam)... DNS 2 (74.65.241.66) does not direct to openspy, as it is used for BF2. 208.67.222.222 is an open DNS server, so it has nothing to do with gaming. Toward the end of May I'm switching DNS 2 over to OpenSpy.

A bigger concern may be getting what we need to fake a DNAS server. Since whats left of PS2 gaming is run off GameSpy, when it goes down there is concern of DNAS being shutdown since there won't technically be anything left online.
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.

JimMeister
Level 7: PacifistZone

Post by JimMeister »

Call of Duty 3 would still be online, run by Demonware

Masquarr

Post by Masquarr »

In the time since I made my last post, I used xCrI$TiAhNx's advice in order to find the necessary IP addresses for SWBFII. I hosted the server, but Favrenation still wasn't able to join.
JimMeister wrote:Call of Duty 3 would still be online, run by Demonware
Final Fantasy XI is also still playable online, right?
Bobz1993 wrote:A bigger concern may be getting what we need to fake a DNAS server. Since whats left of PS2 gaming is run off GameSpy, when it goes down there is concern of DNAS being shutdown since there won't technically be anything left online.
Well, SaveMGO apparently found a way to patch out the DNAS check procedure from Metal Gear Solid 3. I've also heard rumors that there are DNAS-free ISOs of SOCOM II in circulation. If this is true, in theory, one could use the same methods to remove DNAS from the other games... but that's easier said than done. There were more than 50 Gamespy games that authenticated (or authenticate) to DNAS, in addition to more than 100 other games which rely on DNAS, that were hosted by other services.
(gmt-4)