.Hack Fragment Back Online!

Here we will post about changes to the site and will make announcements about other things important to the community.
Viscosity
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

.Hack Fragment Back Online!

Post by Viscosity »

Thanks to Nosferatu for pointing it out, .Hack Fragment has appeared to have been reverse engineered and has stripped away DNAS restrictions. The server software has also been posted on git-hub meaning that the game is now technically online forever. The game was only released in Japan but a good majority of the game has been translated with more to come. The game is an online rpg with similarities to Phantasy Star Online. It allows three player co-op and an offline mode. This is an interesting game to be added to online library since there are very few online rpgs that still have their servers up. At this point you can only play the game if you can play backups on your PS2 or through the pc emulator.

Source:
http://www.coldbird.net/fragment/

Avery
Level 12: Warm Summer

Re: .Hack Fragment Back Online!

Post by Avery »

um, most games are not DNAS restricted anymore, since Sony has taken down their servers for ps2 online checking, but even then, I'm surprised no one got it's DNS? If not, could always be gotten if you have an original

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

what do you mean? Most games use DNAS to get online. The only ones that do not are tibes, thps3, and socom 1. Any other ones have it or has had it removed by a mod.

freak300
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai username: freak300

Post by freak300 »

Good News!

I have test the game on my ps2, works beautiful :D

I've only receives no idea how to get money because you none at fighting?
(gmt+1)

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

the game isnt completley translated but and I am not familiar with the .hack games so i really dont know how to play that well. If you want to play a game some time we should schedule.

kENesis
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by kENesis »

I've been playing the game since they brought it back. Generally, you want to pick up everything you can in dungeons (spells, equipment, etc.) and sell them at the shops until you have at least 10-15k at which point you can start buying the best equipment currently available from the weapon store on a server that uses the net slum as the root town.

The best of the best equipment so far I believe can only be gotten offline since currently the highest level field you can go to is about 24-28 on aura's reborn server. I'm level 18 if you guys want to schedule some runs some time.

chak88
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by chak88 »

you can only play this as a backup ? if I got an import copy I wouldn't be able to connect to the server ?

kENesis

Post by kENesis »

chak88 wrote:you can only play this as a backup ? if I got an import copy I wouldn't be able to connect to the server ?
Technically you could, but it wouldn't have their translation patch. Also, some changes they've made in the latest "build" basically require that you play on the latest build, otherwise your game's gonna crash if you ever encounter one of the admin's hacked custom character.

The project admins encourage you to buy a copy of the game anyway, because of whatever gray area ethics involved in downloading their patched iso.

If you can't/don't want to hard mod or soft mod your ps2 then your best bet is to download their latest build and play it on PCSX2.

chak88
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by chak88 »

kENesis wrote:
chak88 wrote:you can only play this as a backup ? if I got an import copy I wouldn't be able to connect to the server ?
Technically you could, but it wouldn't have their translation patch. Also, some changes they've made in the latest "build" basically require that you play on the latest build, otherwise your game's gonna crash if you ever encounter one of the admin's hacked custom character.

The project admins encourage you to buy a copy of the game anyway, because of whatever gray area ethics involved in downloading their patched iso.

If you can't/don't want to hard mod or soft mod your ps2 then your best bet is to download their latest build and play it on PCSX2.
what is PCSX2 ?

kENesis

Post by kENesis »

It's a ps2 emulator for the pc.