New LAN tunneling software for consoles released. "XBSlink"

Here we will post about changes to the site and will make announcements about other things important to the community.
Dong Hwan
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Dong_Hwan

Re: New LAN tunneling software for consoles released. "XBSli

Post by Dong Hwan »

hello buddies.

i've tried to play on this program but it seems difficult to configure...

i'm talking about ip addresses, gateway, subnet mask, dns, the xbslink settings tab...

can someone post a guide/tutorial in order to make this work for TMBO PS2?

my ISP is Telecom Italia Alice.

thanks.
(gmt+2)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Dong Hwan wrote:hello buddies.

i've tried to play on this program but it seems difficult to configure...

i'm talking about ip addresses, gateway, subnet mask, dns, the xbslink settings tab...

can someone post a guide/tutorial in order to make this work for TMBO PS2?

my ISP is Telecom Italia Alice.

thanks.
We are still not entirely sure how to get XBSlink working consistently. We are still testing with it to try to figure it out. So far it doesn't seem any easier to setup than Xlink Kai.

IRON_PIMP
Level 5: 187 Avoid this Game or Die
Xlink Kai username: IRON_PIMP

Post by IRON_PIMP »

So far this has worked for me:
Port forward and Static MUST BE USED, so far it doesn't matter on the console
I used a Crossover cable for this for the PS2, xbox does not need one
1) Port forward your router TCP/IP and UDP ports for XBSlink Port 31415 Also the STUN server port 3478 needs to be PORT Forwarded if you use the STUN., then close it. (If you don't know how, I'll/we can help) Also either Port forward your firewall for BOTH XBSlink and STUN server, Or turn it OFF, if you can.
2) Set PC IP to STATIC IP {Make up a number that is within range of your router} IE: If your router address is say 192.168.0.255, then PC IP can be 192.168.0.?? (Port forward is no good if PC IP Is NOT Static)
3) Enable Mac ID on XBSlink for your PS2/Xbox, whatever.
4) Enter MAC ID Of your Console in the list
5) Be sure Capture device on XBSlink settings is set to the Ethernet adapter that your PC uses to connect to the internet.
6) Check ALL Boxes
7) Save settings AND CLOSE XBSlink.
8) Open XBSlink
9) Turn ON Console and go to LAN game, select the network set up you want to use (I used automatic configuration on the PS2 memory card, but the JAK X set up works better), BUT DO NOT SEARCH YET
10) If you are JOINING a game: Click Load Cloud, highlight the cloud you want to join and click join, then on your console, search for the LAN game you want to play. Your Console's MAC ID SHOULD appear in the info area of XBSlink.
11) If you want to HOST a game: Open XBSlink, Start the engine, CREATE The cloud for the game your Hosting, Turn on your console, Search for a LAN game THEN HOST the game. DO NOT CLICK LOAD CLOUD WHILE HOSTING you will be disconnected and have to start over.
If you get an error message that says a port is NOT open, recheck your router, firewall and PC.
If you get Unhandled Exception Error-your PC IP IS NOT set to static
If you get error message that XBSlink has encountered a problem and needs to shit down, the STUN server PORT is NOT open, Uncheck the box OR open PORT 3478.
If you can not JOIN a game or the client can not see your game, be sure you BOTH have the same version of XBSlink and your Settings are the same.
You can switch from Host to Client (join) while connected, if you can not see each other after gaming, restart XBSlink THEN your console.
Let me know if this helps
Last edited by IRON_PIMP on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

we should get together to test sometime. We need like more than 3 people to test larger numbers. That seems to be the main problem from using this software more often. Although the guy said to me in an email that you can have one person that doesn't have ports forwarded.

IRON_PIMP

Post by IRON_PIMP »

Let's try this for Saturday 15th with TSFP instead of KAI?
Whoever has the fastest connection should host, if available.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Well you need someone who can port forward to host. Mytho can't port forward. Lazy can't but it is pretty much proven that he has UPNP enabled so he could host. The main problem is seems is that it looked like you didn't have to port forward but in the email that i got from him, he says that you can have one client that has closed ports and it will still work. So when we played with 2 people they would be able to see each other as long as one guy was port forwarded (Lazy didn't know he had UPNP at the time and I have no firewall turned on). It made it seem like anybody could just connect with no ports forwarded but when people could not connect it we jumped to the conclusion that something was wrong with the program and not on our end. Hopefully we can find out once and for all if this software works.

IRON_PIMP

Post by IRON_PIMP »

I can Port Forward. If no one else can, I will host and see how it goes. with more than three

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea why I never posted a write up on how we used XBSlink was because I knew it was pointless since many of us were not port forwarded. It does seem that I have UPNP enabled and working so hopefully I won't have problems.

Also, whenever we used xbslink we found that we had to use a manual setup for the playstation 2 network setup. Most of use the Jak X one rather than the Gran Turismo 4 one. Maybe if we are all port forwarded XBSlink will work with an automatically configured network setup on the PS2.

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=29&t=179

IRON_PIMP

Post by IRON_PIMP »

Well Favrnation and I used this program Saturday, I hosted and used the set up I posted and used JAK X configuration for the Memorycard
XBSlink worked perfectly, very little lag. We had a lot fun!
We played TSFP, TMOB, was going to play Jak X, but Favernation could not find the disc.
Also, we could switch games without disconnecting or changing anything and we didn't "lose" the connection.
XBSlink stayed up the whole time we gamed .
We were hoping more players would join us so we could see what issues if any we could find, but I guess everyone was busy, no worries, we can do it again.
I think the next game schedule, we should use XBSlink

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Yeah it was flawless. As long as you port forward I think we finally got the thing to work consistently.