TSFP weekly game, should we make it less frequent?

Here we will post about changes to the site and will make announcements about other things important to the community.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

TSFP weekly game, should we make it less frequent?

Post by lazyhoboguy »

For the last few months its seemed like the weekly game of Timesplitters Future Perfect has been pretty dead. Correct me if I am wrong, I have been missing them for the last few months and I probably wont be able to play it every week again any time soon. Was wondering what you guys thought. Perhaps we should make the game every other week instead of weekly?

*EDIT* I moved this into the news section of the site so it shows up on the front page.

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Re: TSFP weekly game, should we make it less frequent?

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Anyone have an opinion?

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

From the lack of response to this thread, we can safely say that the weekly game has died out. I also cannot join these weekly sessions due to prior obligations, not to mention that my internet connection isn't optimal for LAN tunneling.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea that is what I thought. Really we did pretty good to keep it going pretty consistently for about 2 years. I know that I cannot consistently make the weekly game any more either. Favrenation and Noonotthat are also busy usually too.

So perhaps we should make it a once a month thing if anyone is interested? If not, another option is to just retire the weekly tsfp game and add Timesplitters Future Perfect into the weekly poll for the sunday games. I think those have sort of died out too though? I haven't been able to make many. I think could start to try to make the sunday games more often though, it was just hard to try to make 2 weekly games, one on saturday and one on sunday.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

I think the main reason is that when the site started it was all your buddies from time splitters forums who showed up here. Now that they are gone and we have new people who play different games. TMBO and battlefront 2 are probably the most active games here next to socom and the call of duties. There has been interest from euro players that can't make the time but really I think that unless other people don't want this to happen then I think we should just stop setting it up until people want to play it again.

Its also not like they can't just create their own weekly game swordzguy and a few others have had a weekly/biweekly friday BF2 games for awhile now.

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

Agreed.

Our euro users and everyone else are fully capable of scheduling games. MajinHalo521 has been running the Star Wars BF2 sessions, officially bi-weekly, but really he's been running it pretty much every day.

If you want to play a game with someone, gather a following for it and just schedule it

freak300
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai username: freak300

Post by freak300 »

Unfortunately, it is because of the time difference to Europe is not possible for me to participate in the games because I am working from Monday to Friday. I'm very sorry.
(gmt+1)

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea, I think most of the regulars for the weekly tsfp game have become too busy now or have dissapeared, so we should stop the weekly Timesplitters Future Perfect game, unless a lot of people want it again in the future. It will be sort of nice now to have Saturday less congested for regularly scheduled games too. I can try setting up random dates, perhaps still saturday to play tsfp as well.

Hmm I had another idea as well. Since a section of the homepage is used for talking about the weekly tsfp game. Perhaps we can use that space now to list : Weekly/Recurring Game Meetups or something like that. So we could list the recurring games that people have going. Are the swbf and bf2 ones still active?

Heh and thanks wawowe for still posting about the weekly tsfp game even though it had died out. Now you don't need to bother with that.

freak300
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai username: freak300

Post by freak300 »

So that we could play the games from Europe would be Friday or Saturday and not start so late.
(gmt+1)

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

freak300 wrote:So that we could play the games from Europe would be Friday or Saturday and not start so late.
Choose a time and schedule it.