Area 51

Create a thread here to schedule a time to play PS2 games online through their normal servers.
Ps2survivant
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Ps2survivant

Area 51

Post by Ps2survivant »

Who's want make a game of AREA 51
Tonight? The game beginning at 22:30
Please...signal me your presence

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Re: Area 51

Post by Hunk91 »

Hi!

Regarding Area51, you will be available to create a room, but nobody could joint it.

May be something related to the DNAS server or DNS server as it was previously working on October the 15th. (last time I played it online)
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

JamesCableCar
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by JamesCableCar »

I will join! Where are you located in the world? What time zone are you in for 10.30?

Hunk, im sure its the same problem as always, back when i started playing it in 2012 on official servers, so many servers could not be joined and only a few people could host :( seems the same is happening now but unlike before, theres only you, me, mat and donkeykong that have played it and can still play it in Europe, and if we all cant host, then yeah it doesnt look good!

but ill try this ps2survivant server later today hopefully
My PS2 YouTube account = http://www.youtube.com/user/jamesxfm1049?feature=mhee

Area 51 is the best... Got it for £1.50 (around 2.50 dollars and 1.90 euros) :D

JamesCableCar
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by JamesCableCar »

also just checked the ps2 online list and it says area 51 can be accessed from america? it says you need a bypass code for DNAS which it gives, so could this be the return of some other players?
My PS2 YouTube account = http://www.youtube.com/user/jamesxfm1049?feature=mhee

Area 51 is the best... Got it for £1.50 (around 2.50 dollars and 1.90 euros) :D

Hunk91
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

JamesCableCar wrote:also just checked the ps2 online list and it says area 51 can be accessed from america? it says you need a bypass code for DNAS which it gives, so could this be the return of some other players?
Yes there is a bypass code for the Ntsc version. Unfortunatly, there was no entries submited during the DNAS capture session. To use the bypass code, the player needs to use a cheat device (gameshark, or codebreaker) or to patch the game with the bypass code and launch it with a homebrew..

Too bad for the hosting. I could host a few times.

Edit: I have an idea, I Will try to host a game with the emulator, and I will try to see if I can join with my console.
As for he emulator, Ntsc players will be able to play as injecting codes is easy with PCSX2 !
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

Post by DonkeyKong »

JamesCableCar wrote: Hunk, im sure its the same problem as always, back when i started playing it in 2012 on official servers, so many servers could not be joined and only a few people could host :( seems the same is happening now but unlike before, theres only you, me, mat and donkeykong that have played it and can still play it in Europe, and if we all cant host, then yeah it doesnt look good!
I remember you had to set up a packet forwarding on your router (DMZ or something like this) to make your game joinable ,but it also depends on your ISP, so if it is NAT 3, you are likely to get problems with hosting.