Amplitude Online March 4th

Create a thread here to schedule a time to play PS2 games online through their normal servers.
EthanE3Eves
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: Amplitude Online March 4th

Post by EthanE3Eves »

teamR@@K!E wrote:let me know how your games turn out
Serendipity bit me in the ass today, and I found myself aligned with the schedule of both DJ Robb and Masquarr. :P

I, being the 7 year vet of the game that I am, whooped both of them! Haha. Nah, Robb is actually an older player than I am; we had some close games. Most importantly, they were FUN! :D

We had had a bit of an initiation of sorts for Masquarr in remix mode, which was just chaotic... yet amusing! Seems that players starting out always think looping and button mashing are what make a remix, but that's the fun of it all, I guess. xD

All in all, it was a great time. I haven't visited this place since I felt people lost interest in this game.

Here's to more chances to play in the future!
(gmt-5)

I am an oldschool AMPLITUDE player. Contact me if you want to game it up!

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I wish I could have joined you all, but I just moved and my ps2 isnt setup yet heh. I still enjoy this game quite a bit so Ill try to join you in the future.

Ethane3eves I dont think people ever lost interest in the game here. At least for me, I sort of just forgot about it because no one had mentioned it in so long. If you feel like people arent playing it any more, just try posting a new thread about it and I bet a few people will showup also wanting to play it.

Also, you should try adding the game into your profile, so other users will know you own it.

EthanE3Eves
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by EthanE3Eves »

tl;dr the thing I miss most is the old community we had, I'd love to create something like that again

Well, if that's true, I'd love to have a pretty consistent thing going on every weekend, if possible! Only problem is that I already know my friend Robb's schedule might not line up. He's off on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Perhaps we can start a weekly Friday game of Amplitude, much like there's a weekly Sunday pick and TimeSplitters on Saturdays. Masquarr mentioned Saturdays being his free day, so I'm not sure. There'd have to be some kind of coordinated effort.

Considering the fact that Amplitude is "temporarily online," I'd say it's more of an incentive to promote the game on this site, so people can get the most of it while it's still around. If we can get a nice little congregation going every week, that would be killer!

My schedule has admittedly gotten busier since I first joined up on this site, so I haven't really had the time to chip in, and life got the best of me - I sort of forgot about this place. Eh, not to mention some inhibitive connection issues with my shitty ISP, heh.

Hopefully this game can get some more attention again. It's just that in my experience, people get tired of this game a little easy, or I dunno... It becomes less of a priority. When the game first popped up again, old friends really jumped at the opportunity, but it always starts to lose air after a while.

I also kinda feel weird since I'm just on the Amplitude side of things; I don't have the equip I need to upload ISOs onto my HDD at the moment, so I can't really partake in everything you guys do. :P
(gmt-5)

I am an oldschool AMPLITUDE player. Contact me if you want to game it up!