Weekly TimeSplitters: FP Match - 1/12

Create a thread here to schedule a time to use LAN tunneling (Xlink Kai) to play Playstation 2 games online.
Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Weekly TimeSplitters: FP Match - 1/12

Post by Mytho »

Hello everyone, and welcome to the weekly TS:FP session topic!

The weekly match will begin every Saturday at 6PM EST (GMT-5) on Xlink Kai.

If you need help determining when the game will begin, compare your time to the clock in my signature. The game starts when my clock reaches 6 PM.

For the first 20 minutes, we will be working to make sure everybody can connect and play. The hosting player will be chosen at this time based upon the location of players and if all players can join the host's session. If you need any help with troubleshooting or are having difficulty joining the game, please ask for assistance in the Xlink Kai chat. After the allotted troubleshooting window has passed, we will begin playing. You are welcome to stay and continue troubleshooting, though we cannot guarantee any further assistance past this point.

Finally, as a prerequisite for the weekly game, we would like to ask all players to configure a manual PS2 network configuration for Xlink Kai. If you do not have a manual network configuration set up, please consult the following guide: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=29&t=179

A good rule of thumb is to try connecting with your regular network configuration first. If you cannot see the game, then use your manual configuration. If all else fails, try restarting Xlink Kai and start the process over.

Also, here are some hosting tips and settings we prefer to use during our weekly games: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=21&t=118
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

chak88

Re: Weekly TimeSplitters: FP Match - 1/12

Post by chak88 »

I will be there next week I think i got xlink setup a couple of mins ago
I need to test it though

Mytho

Post by Mytho »

chak88 wrote:I will be there next week I think i got xlink setup a couple of mins ago
I need to test it though
If you need any help, be sure to show up early.
(gmt-5)

benfelts70
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai username: benfelts70

Post by benfelts70 »

Newb to Xlink just got here..., Since I play my games off fat ps2 hard drive "HDL loader" could I still connect to Xlink Kai servers?

NinjaMan
Xlink Kai username: --NinjaMan--

Post by NinjaMan »

Hello, after seeing you'all talking about playing TS:FP together I purchased a modem online and just received it today. Going through all the memory cards and I found one with our old TimeSplitters info, modem setting and even a few created maps too.. I have a stack of PS2 games to try online this week to make sure the new modem is working correctly, if I can find a working server too.. I'll work on Xlink Kai this week and hopefully get in on some gaming with you guys this Saturday..
(gmt-5)

Mytho

Post by Mytho »

benfelts70 wrote:Newb to Xlink just got here..., Since I play my games off fat ps2 hard drive "HDL loader" could I still connect to Xlink Kai servers?
You should have no problem playing TS:FP over Xlink with HDL Loader.
(gmt-5)

NinjaMan

Post by NinjaMan »

Just configured XLink tonight and the PS2 is connected, is the game(s) still on for this Saturday night ?

And, do I need to add the host's name or just look for the game in the TS:FP arena ?

I'm located in the US (EST) and can be on at 6PM too..

Also, any advantage to adding a hard drive (w/ HDL loader) for TimeSplitter or any other games using XLink ?

Thanks and take care,
NinjaMan
(gmt-5)

chak88

Post by chak88 »

I am also wondering if the game is still on I just got xlink setup and tested it and I am good to go so I will be there

Mytho

Post by Mytho »

NinjaMan wrote:Just configured XLink tonight and the PS2 is connected, is the game(s) still on for this Saturday night ?

And, do I need to add the host's name or just look for the game in the TS:FP arena ?

I'm located in the US (EST) and can be on at 6PM too..

Also, any advantage to adding a hard drive (w/ HDL loader) for TimeSplitter or any other games using XLink ?

Thanks and take care,
NinjaMan
Yes, we will be playing this Saturday at 6 PM EST.

To connect to the game, make sure you are reachable on Xlink, and join the Timesplitters: Future Perfect arena. Once you've taken care of that, turn your PS2 on, go to the Network mode, and select LAN game. All you need to do at this point is wait for the PS2 to connect and join the hosted game. If you are unable to see or join the game, click the Help icon in Xlink and let us know in the chat.

There aren't any advantages to using a hard drive for TimeSplitters outside of faster loading times.
(gmt-5)

NinjaMan

Post by NinjaMan »

Thanks for the info and count me in for Saturday night !

Take care,
NinjaMan
(gmt-5)