Weekly TimeSplitters: FP Match - 1/26

Create a thread here to schedule a time to use LAN tunneling (Xlink Kai) to play Playstation 2 games online.
Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Weekly TimeSplitters: FP Match - 1/26

Post by Mytho »

Hello everyone, and welcome to the weekly TS:FP session topic!

The weekly match will begin every Saturday at 6PM EST (GMT-5) on Xlink Kai.

If you need help determining when the game will begin, compare your time to the clock in my signature. The game starts when my clock reaches 6 PM.

For the first 20 minutes, we will be working to make sure everybody can connect and play. The hosting player will be chosen at this time based upon the location of players and if all players can join the host's session. If you are hosting, please read the following guide for hosting tips and settings we prefer to use during our weekly games: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=21&t=118

Also, please note that small characters such as the Monkey and Robofish are BANNED from our games.

If you need any help with troubleshooting or are having difficulty joining the game, please ask for assistance in the Xlink Kai chat. After the allotted troubleshooting window has passed, we will begin playing. You are welcome to stay and continue troubleshooting, though we cannot guarantee any further assistance past this point.

Finally, as a prerequisite for the weekly game, we would like to ask all players to configure a manual PS2 network configuration for Xlink Kai. If you do not have a manual network configuration set up, please consult the following guide: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=29&t=179

A good rule of thumb is to try connecting with your regular network configuration first. If you cannot see the game, then use your manual configuration. If all else fails, try restarting Xlink Kai and start the process over.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Artur
Level 13: Midday Club 2
Xlink Kai username: Sierron

Re: Weekly TimeSplitters: FP Match - 1/26

Post by Artur »

Count me in :D I'll do the recording again. Hope this time nobody has something against it...

NinjaMan
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai username: --NinjaMan--

Post by NinjaMan »

Mytho wrote:Also, please note that small characters such as the Monkey and Robofish are BANNED from our games.
Gotta ask, why no small characters ?

I used one last week and it wasn't like it an advantage in any of the rounds, granted I'm rusty not playing this title in a few years but there has never been a clear reason to exclude characters from friendly games, not like we're battling on the GB Ladders.. lol!

Artur wrote:I'll do the recording again.
I really feel the YouTube videos will not only help to bring more gamers to XLink Kai, it will also help the effort in getting the HD version on PSN...

Take care,
Ninja
(gmt-5)

Horageous
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai username: Horageous

Post by Horageous »

I will try to make it, can't promise anything though.

Mytho

Post by Mytho »

NinjaMan wrote:
Mytho wrote:Also, please note that small characters such as the Monkey and Robofish are BANNED from our games.
Gotta ask, why no small characters ?

I used one last week and it wasn't like it an advantage in any of the rounds, granted I'm rusty not playing this title in a few years but there has never been a clear reason to exclude characters from friendly games, not like we're battling on the GB Ladders.. lol!
It's typically been frowned upon to use the small characters in FPS games since the hallowed days of Goldeneye split-screen. If we let one person play as the monkey, then it's hard to make a case against somebody playing as Robofish. Unless we're able to reach a consensus and agree to allow all players to use small characters for a round of bricks and bats, or another silly gametype, it isn't fair for one player to be exempt from the rules. While these games are friendly, we still try and promote a balanced gaming environment so nobody feels slighted or gyped.

On the flip side, we also dissuade people from playing as characters such as the large robots simply because they are a very sizable target.
(gmt-5)

Mytho

Post by Mytho »

It is 6:14 PM EST and we are about to play our first game for the night. Come and join us if you can!
(gmt-5)

Artur

Post by Artur »

Currently 4 players. If you read this and want to play, then join guys :/

edit:

We played almost until 3 am. Played on some custom maps too.

Would love to see more of you guys playing next time..

NinjaMan
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai username: --NinjaMan--

Post by NinjaMan »

Sounds good Mytho, no more Monkeys for me..

We might have quite a few more players next Saturday, @TimeSplittery mentioned the TS: FP matches on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/TimeSplittery/statu ... 7304505344

Very Cool !

Artur, did you get any video on Saturday ?
(gmt-5)

Artur

Post by Artur »

NinjaMan wrote:We might have quite a few more players next Saturday, @TimeSplittery mentioned the TS: FP matches on Twitter:
Awesome!
NinjaMan wrote:Artur, did you get any video on Saturday ?
6 Videos around 11 minutes. In other words: 3,78 GB :D

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Happy you guys are getting games together, Don't know when I can make the next one, but If I am able I will try.