weekly night for project snowblind?

Create a thread here to schedule a time to use LAN tunneling (Xlink Kai) to play Playstation 2 games online.
Nihil8
Level 8: COD2 BRO-ther
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Nihil8

weekly night for project snowblind?

Post by Nihil8 »

with the popularity of our weekly timesplitters night rising,i thought maybe we could get one going for project snowblind...it does have a larger player count.maybe saturday could be half ts3 half ps if its too hard to have two weekly game nights
Currently have: Project Snowblind(2)/Timesplitters:Future Perfect(2)/Killzone/ Cold Winter/S.W. Battlefront2/Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow

(2) = (i have two copies and running two Ps2's)

(gmt-8)

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Re: weekly night for project snowblind?

Post by Mytho »

Yeah, I'd love to see a Snowblind night. I don't know if having it before TimeSplitters is such a good idea, since it might throw some people off. I also would not be able to participate since I'm usually out on Saturday night.

Maybe we could host it at the same time as the TimeSplitters game, but on Sunday instead of Saturday.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

it would have to be like between 2-10 pm because I am not willing to stay up super later on a school night.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Having a weekly game with this game would be hard. Since if not a lot of people show up, the game really isnt all that fun since the majority of the maps are made for 16 players. You need at least 4 or 5 people for this game to be really fun in my opinion.

Perhaps we can just decide on a time for next weekend now, so we give people plenty of time to find out about and open their schedule for the game.

I have been kind of thinking too. If the weekly timesplitters future perfect game doesn't hold up in the long run (people stop showing up), then maybe we can just make it our weekly game night, and decide a week in advance each time which game we will be playing at that time. Maybe just have timesplitters be every other week at that time or once a month at that time. I am not sure if we should do this though. I want to see how the weekly game of Timespltiters Future Perfect holds up player count wise in the next couple of weeks before we consider trying out something else.

You could try making a weekly game of it on some other night, but I don't know if I can really commit to playing in 2 weekly games on different nights each week.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Well how about if the TSFP weekly game does hold up. (It very well could I just don't know) Then you could have a friday/sunday/ or weekday weekly game that we can all vote on. We need some more variety other than the 3-4 usual games. Maybe make a monthly experimental game night where you play some game that no one normally plays online ie: WWE, Deer Hunter, Cods, some poker and risks games that are still online and also maybe try some splinter cell games. I think it would be interesting to try some exotic games out.

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea I have a feeling the tsfp weekly game will still hold up. Maybe a weekly Friday game where we decide on different games each week could work.

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

lazyhoboguy wrote:Yea I have a feeling the tsfp weekly game will still hold up. Maybe a weekly Friday game where we decide on different games each week could work.
That I like that idea. Personally I'd definitely be up for playing Project Snowblind sometime.

Nihil8
Level 8: COD2 BRO-ther
Xlink Kai username: Nihil8

Post by Nihil8 »

lazyhoboguy wrote:Yea I have a feeling the tsfp weekly game will still hold up. Maybe a weekly Friday game where we decide on different games each week could work.
that so far is the best idea...nothing really good on tv on fridays.As long as i'm not up to stuff with friends fridays are good
Currently have: Project Snowblind(2)/Timesplitters:Future Perfect(2)/Killzone/ Cold Winter/S.W. Battlefront2/Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow

(2) = (i have two copies and running two Ps2's)

(gmt-8)

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

I'm usually up to stuff on Fridays, so that might not work for me.

I do, however, like the Monday wild card game night idea. I'd be able to make those no problem.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Hmm, so sounds like having one day besides Saturday be a day for a weekly game that changes each week is fine with everyone. Guess we just need to decide on which day will work the best for the most people. I cant really ever commit to play a weekly game on mon-thursday. So for me that leaves Friday night or Sunday night open.