Need Help Setting Up Xlink For First Time

Create a thread here to schedule a time to use LAN tunneling (Xlink Kai) to play Playstation 2 games online.
EliteRaven5
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: EliteRaven5

Need Help Setting Up Xlink For First Time

Post by EliteRaven5 »

Hello, I'm new here. So I heard about the XLink Kai service that allows you to connect the PS2 online. I have already registered on the xlink website, I have installed the software, made all the necessary configurations, and I'mgood to go. I know there is a guide online, but I think its outdated since that uses Windows Vista. I use Windows 10. Are there any difference with the setup between the two OS's? Also, where do the ethernet cables need to be connected to? Thanks.

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Re: Need Help Setting Up Xlink For First Time

Post by Hunk91 »

EliteRaven5 wrote: Also, where do the ethernet cables need to be connected to? Thanks.
Bonth on your router !
Your computer shall redirect the console's paquets With thé xlink kai software.

That's all I know
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

EliteRaven5
Xlink Kai username: EliteRaven5

Post by EliteRaven5 »

You mean connect both the PS2 and PC to my router? Cause thats what I have

Incognito
Xlink Kai username: SneakyPeaky89

Post by Incognito »

This link has the tutorial I wrote a few days ago. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... 501#p13501

HeroWolfMod
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: KaiWolfMod

Post by HeroWolfMod »

Hey guys. I might be posting in the wrong topic, if so, sorry.
Anyway, I wanted to ask for a tip on setting up Kai, since I can't find a section that could help me with my PS2 connection method, apart from the "Click here to see Setup G: Wireless Cable / DSL Router + Wireless Bridge" link.
In few words, I'm indeed using an ethernet bridging between my PS2 and a Windows 8.1 laptop, and I was wondering what should I do with this kind of connection.
Hellol, just an Italian member here!

Equipment! - PlayStation 2 Fat, PlayStation 2 Slim, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

Online nickname! - If you see a player called HeroWolfMod or Lupo while playing, that's me for sure.

Incognito

Post by Incognito »

you mean you are connecting directly to your pc? is your pc connected to anything? why not hook both up to an extender if you cant reach your router? have you done any configuration on the bridge interface? ie. its own ip?

HeroWolfMod
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: KaiWolfMod

Post by HeroWolfMod »

Incognito wrote:you mean you are connecting directly to your pc? is your pc connected to anything? why not hook both up to an extender if you cant reach your router? have you done any configuration on the bridge interface? ie. its own ip?
Basically, the Windows 8.1 laptop is connected to the internet router using wifi and the Playstation 2 Slim is connected to the Windows 8.1 laptop with an ethernet cable. The PS2 results connected to internet thanks to the network bridge I created for it in the laptop's connection settings (it also makes a red light behind the console, so yes, it is connected, and it works). I managed to play some online matches with it, so there are no problems.
And I can assure you I wish I could use more extended ethernet cables to connect everything to the router, but we're talking about 5+ meters of distance between my room and the room where the router is drilled. Yes, drilled. To a wall. I can't move it. What a beatiful country, Italy...
Anyway, about the bridge, I only created it and it worked, so I don't really know what do you mean with configure it with it's own IP.
Hellol, just an Italian member here!

Equipment! - PlayStation 2 Fat, PlayStation 2 Slim, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

Online nickname! - If you see a player called HeroWolfMod or Lupo while playing, that's me for sure.

Incognito

Post by Incognito »

Ok, well XLink Kai uses a data sniffing software that only works for wired ethernet connections due to windows restrictions to the wifi interfaces (they can't be put into monitor mode). What I ment by 'extender' is a wifi extender, not an ethernet cord extender. You can buy an extender that you can set up next to your computer/ps2 and it will extend the signal of your router and allow you to connect to it via ethernet cord. If you want to try your current setup, it may work better for mac or linux since their interfaces can be monitored with libpcap (inclluded in the xlink mac/linux builds) and I THINK you will be able connect this way but it may take some googling. What exactly is the issue when you try to run xlink? Your computer cannot connect? You are not reachable? Or your ps2 does not showup? I'm guessing you were playing games by bypassing dns but had no success with kai? As far as checking the ips, If you go into the windows terminal (type cmd in the search bar, bottom left) type in ipconfig /all and it should show you all of your network interfaces (wifi, ethernet, and bridges) but this shouldn't be necessary if you can connect both the computer and the ps2 to the internet at the same time.