Timesplitters Future Perfect (10/2/10)

Go here to see which online PS2 games our community has been playing. Also, go here to discuss a specific online match you played in.

So, if you met up with some community members for an online match, feel free to post a thread here to start up some discussion about that specific game.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Timesplitters Future Perfect (10/2/10)

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Participating Community Members

noonotthat
favrenation
nosferatu
Lt. Surge
DMG969 CR
mytho
sharkgun
lazyhoboguy
(and a random guy on xlink kai that isnt registered here yet)

Holy crap. We had 7 people in a game for awhile and 6 people in the game for most of the night. We could have had 8 (a full game) if the timing worked out better.

There was some lag as this game was LAN tunneling from Costa Rica, to the USA, to Europe, but the game was still playable and a lot of fun.

With such a huge player count we tried some bigger maps that we normally dont play. We played on Venice, Bunker, Temple, Hotel, and VR for example.

Yet again I had a blast playing this game and was happy to see that our 2nd weekly game of Timesplitters: Future Perfect turned out so well. Hopefully next week is just as fun!

Some of us recorded some online footage too, so look for that in the future to be posted.

Viscosity
site admin

Re: Timesplitters Future Perfect (10/2/10)

Post by Viscosity »

Yeah sorry for coming so late. When I was there and 7 people were in the game I couldn't see it though. Do you think it could be that hosting limit?

SHARKGUN
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai username: SHARKGUN

Post by SHARKGUN »

Hey Favre, I just watched the videos you recorded last time and there are two things you could do to get better at the game.
Your sensitivity seems so high to me that it's difficult to aim with weapons that require a certain amount of precision. Lower the sensitivity until you have the perfect balance between precision and speed.
And I saw that you have automatic weapon switching when picking up new weapons enabled. Turn that off so that it doesn't suddenly change the weapon when you're in a firefight.
Oh and you should definitely use the zoom with the Mgx2 as that makes it more effective ;)
(gmt+1)

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

wow thanks. I never change sensitivity and thats how I play of Modern Warfare 2 and I do just fine. I have a friend who has it on super high and he is better than me. Ill try it though. Thanks a lot!

Nihil8
Level 8: COD2 BRO-ther
Xlink Kai username: Nihil8

Post by Nihil8 »

i'm so disapointed i forgot about this...i was free last night too...well maybe next week.
Currently have: Project Snowblind(2)/Timesplitters:Future Perfect(2)/Killzone/ Cold Winter/S.W. Battlefront2/Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow

(2) = (i have two copies and running two Ps2's)

(gmt-8)

SHARKGUN

Post by SHARKGUN »

Favrenation wrote:wow thanks. I never change sensitivity and thats how I play of Modern Warfare 2 and I do just fine. I have a friend who has it on super high and he is better than me. Ill try it though. Thanks a lot!
I can tell you, it makes a hell of a difference. I've played so many shooters and I've gotten used to adjusting the controls until they suit my playing style.

I always try to set the controls in any shooter like my Timesplitters button set. Then the sensitivity comes next. What I hate about todays shooters, and especially the new COD titles is that so many things are imposed upon you. You shouldn't play with the default controls from now on ;)
Nihil8 wrote:i'm so disapointed i forgot about this...i was free last night too...well maybe next week.
But the game is suppposed to take place every week at the same time; you shouldn't forget that from now on :lol:

Offtopic: Nice avatar Nihil8 ;)
(gmt+1)

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

wow, that's a lot of players for an xlink match 8-)

I feel like by the time I end up getting this game, this weekly game will always be full. Then maybe we'll have to set up 2 matches at once :P

Lt. Surge
Level 8: COD2 BRO-ther
Xlink Kai username: ltsurge695

Post by Lt. Surge »

Thanks again to hobo and koko and everyone else who could make it, and those who will be coming. We might even have two games going on at the same time! I wonder how that would work in conjunction with Skype.

Putting together a video montage and uploading later.
Nihil8 wrote:i'm so disapointed i forgot about this...i was free last night too...well maybe next week.
Hey mate don't sweat it, just make plans ahead of time for next weekend :arrow:

SHARKGUN wrote:
Favrenation wrote: Offtopic: Nice avatar Nihil8 ;)
I noticed that too. Makes me want to listen to Airships again.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

SHARKGUN wrote:Hey Favre, I just watched the videos you recorded last time and there are two things you could do to get better at the game.
Your sensitivity seems so high to me that it's difficult to aim with weapons that require a certain amount of precision. Lower the sensitivity until you have the perfect balance between precision and speed.
And I saw that you have automatic weapon switching when picking up new weapons enabled. Turn that off so that it doesn't suddenly change the weapon when you're in a firefight.
Oh and you should definitely use the zoom with the Mgx2 as that makes it more effective ;)
Well I play with the default aim sensitivity and I find it fine. I pretty much leave that on the default for every game as I find that after a certain amount of time I adjust to it and play good with it. Initially you are going to find sensitivities in new games to feel weird because you are used to an old shooter, but that is not the developers fault haha. I usually give the game some time to see if I adjust to the developer default sensitivity (usually I do). If the developers really half assed the sensitivity then I will adjust it. This happens sometimes on crappy pc ports to consoles. But most times I find the default controller sensitivity to be fine.

Also favrenation, yea zooming in with weapon is a good idea. Like dont do it if they are right on top of you, but if they are middle distance to far away it is helpful as it makes your aiming more precise.

I also leave on automatic weapon switching. It can be annoying sometimes. For example it loves to think harpoon gun is superior to lots of weapons and picks it over your currently held weapon. But I just got used to quickly switching back to my preferred weapon. Like most times I find the auto switching to be helpful, as it switches you quickly to the more powerful weapon that you have just picked up.

SHARKGUN

Post by SHARKGUN »

Edit: When will the vids be up? :P
(gmt+1)