Timesplitters: Future Perfect (11/20/10 Weekly Game)

Go here to see which online PS2 games our community has been playing. Also, go here to discuss a specific online match you played in.

So, if you met up with some community members for an online match, feel free to post a thread here to start up some discussion about that specific game.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Timesplitters: Future Perfect (11/20/10 Weekly Game)

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Participating Community Members

ltsurge
nihil8
lazyhoboguy
noonotthat
favrenation
nosferatu
Hungry_Gram

I had fun playing the game.

I did not have fun with people being immature in skype. Messing around on headsets for a little bit is fine, but trolling people like its 4chan for 45 minutes straight only serves to piss people off and make them want to stop playing the game.

I left early because of it and I know Nihil8, Sharkgun. and even Noonotthat! (you know things have gone too far when they annoy him lol) were annoyed by it as well. We don't schedule weekly games to be trolled on headsets. We have plenty of other things we could be doing on Saturday night. The whole point of using headset chat is to compliment the experience of playing the game. It is about being able to more easily communicate so switching game modes isn't such a hassle.

Spamming music and sound effects for nearly an hour even after people tell you its getting on their nerves is not cool. In the future we are not going to put up with this. There is no point of having headset chat while playing if all it leads too is not being able to hear another person talk because some people want to spam music and sound effects to satisfy their urges to troll people.

You guys might not have realized how far you took things and thought you were just having fun, but you ended up ruining the experience for nearly half the people playing the game. The community is already small for Playstation 2 LAN tunneling, we don't need people giving up on PS2 LAN tunneling over something as silly as this.

So, please in the future have a little bit of voice chat etiquette. It's the same thing as being on a phone. If you cant hear people talking it is pointless to use.

I look forward to splitting time in the future, but please don't make me associate playing one of my favorite games with my ears being raped by loud noises. :?

Lt. Surge
Level 8: COD2 BRO-ther
Xlink Kai username: ltsurge695

Re: Timesplitters: Future Perfect (11/20/10 Weekly Game)

Post by Lt. Surge »

For the record, SHARKGUN stayed behind and talked to me and Favre did for a bit as well, albeit he had to leave suddenly.

I think that PS3 ranting guy was funny but only for the first couple of acts.

Apologies for getting carried away. Though I noticed that some ppl remembered the game soundtracks that I played and thought that was cool. Though if necessary I will keep that and sound effects to a minimum.

I like being funny and touching on nostalgia, but I don't troll my friends. I fight for them! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlHLzdAkeGU

Nihil8
Xlink Kai username: Nihil8

Post by Nihil8 »

yeah it was funny for the first five minutes then it got annoying.I like everyone that was on the call but if it happens next time i'll just start a second call with the people that don't want to hear it.
Currently have: Project Snowblind(2)/Timesplitters:Future Perfect(2)/Killzone/ Cold Winter/S.W. Battlefront2/Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow

(2) = (i have two copies and running two Ps2's)

(gmt-8)

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

yeah sorry I got carried away. I won't do that any more. Especially since somone got ear raped :shock:

But being serious, after getting more than 4 hours of sleep I realized how bad that was. I apologize to everyone I annoyed and I hope that we can still have fun playing this game with MATURE voice chat. Sorry.

Nihil8
Xlink Kai username: Nihil8

Post by Nihil8 »

Favrenation wrote:yeah sorry I got carried away. I won't do that any more. Especially since somone got ear raped :shock:

But being serious, after getting more than 4 hours of sleep I realized how bad that was. I apologize to everyone I annoyed and I hope that we can still have fun playing this game with MATURE voice chat. Sorry.

its not a big deal.Lol i wouldn't say we'd being going back to "mature" voice chat...just not trolling!

see ya next saturday game.(unless we try xbslink in the week)
Currently have: Project Snowblind(2)/Timesplitters:Future Perfect(2)/Killzone/ Cold Winter/S.W. Battlefront2/Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow

(2) = (i have two copies and running two Ps2's)

(gmt-8)

Lt. Surge
Xlink Kai username: ltsurge695

Post by Lt. Surge »

Favrenation wrote: But being serious, after getting more than 4 hours of sleep I realized how bad that was. I apologize to everyone I annoyed and I hope that we can still have fun playing this game with MATURE voice chat. Sorry.
Actually I think last night will be memorable to me for a long time :lol:

In small doses I think this stuff isn't a bad addition to the experience. But I can see how it could get old.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Well I am dubbing my videos with virtual dub and I have made some improvements with the video. I first have finally found out how to compress the audio on the video so now the video will be like 100mb instead of 300mb. I also realized how deinterlacing can make a difference. I do that becuase computer monitors use progressive scan. That the "p" in resolution (480p). When you play interlaced video on a computer monitor you can really see the lines on the video. I have taken a snapshot of the difference. http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1346/dei ... xample.png
I will make a new post with the videos shortly.

SHARKGUN
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai username: SHARKGUN

Post by SHARKGUN »

I hate interlaced videos. I'm wondering, isn't the difference between progressive and interlaced clear to everyone? (because you described it :P)
(gmt+1)

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

well I play an a 10 year old 19 inch tube/vcr combo and quality is great. No where near HD but you don't need HD to play these games. You don't need progressive scan either as long as your tv supports interlaced video is without have to do on the fly de-interlacing like HDTV's which is why you have input lag.

EDIT: It seems the video I recorded are at 15 fps. I guess my computer can't handle recording video when skype, xlink kai, and youtube video are playing at the same time :p. I tried deintleralcing with the BOB algorithm which doubles the framerate but it didn't make the video any smoother. Sorry guys I guess there are no videos this week. :(

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Nihil8 wrote:
Favrenation wrote:yeah sorry I got carried away. I won't do that any more. Especially since somone got ear raped :shock:

its not a big deal.Lol i wouldn't say we'd being going back to "mature" voice chat...just not trolling!

see ya next saturday game.(unless we try xbslink in the week)
None of us are that mature lol. Just we don't want to be trolled for long periods through voicechat. If we want loud music and stuff blaring through our speakers we can just hop on any call of duty game to have our ears destroyed. So its ok to mess around for a little bit, but dont do it constantly for an hour or after people tell you to stop it.