Timesplitters 2 (7/10/11) Sunday Weekly Game

Go here to see which online PS2 games our community has been playing. Also, go here to discuss a specific online match you played in.

So, if you met up with some community members for an online match, feel free to post a thread here to start up some discussion about that specific game.
NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Timesplitters 2 (7/10/11) Sunday Weekly Game

Post by NoLimits »

Participating Community Members

nosferatu
nolimits
mytho
lazyhoboguy

I noticed no one made this, so might as well put this up. We played for about 2 hours I believe, although some of the time was spent trying to get xlink to cooperate. The main issue was that we were not visible to each other at all times during the games for unknown reasons. Despite this, we got in some solid matches on a variety of maps.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Timesplitters 2 (7/10/11) Sunday Weekly Game

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Thanks for making this thread. I had a lot of fun once we actually got it working. Our problems that night were partly Xlink Kai, but we got those worked out at the start. Mytho and I sometimes have trouble connecting to each other in Xlink Kai for some reason. Like, we will be unable to see each other's ping in Xlink Kai, which means we cannot join each other in a game. We ended up restarting xlink a bunch of times until that was remedied.

But Timesplitters 2 has its own problems in the LAN mode. It is sort of buggy. I am guessing since the game never had a real online mode that they didn't spend a whole lot of time testing the LAN. Evidence of this can be seen in how they left out the option in LAN to let you spawn with a weapon. For some reason it happens pretty frequently in LAN that some people will be invisible to others in the game, yet the invisible people can shoot the other people lol. The way to avoid this we have found is to make sure in the game lobby that every player is able to see every other players name in the lobby.

So yea TS2 has a lot of hurdles to go through to play on Xlink Kai, but it still is pretty fun once you get it working. A buggy LAN mode is better then nothing at all imo.