Amplitude (8/29/11)

Go here to see which online PS2 games our community has been playing. Also, go here to discuss a specific online match you played in.

So, if you met up with some community members for an online match, feel free to post a thread here to start up some discussion about that specific game.
Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Amplitude (8/29/11)

Post by Mytho »

Participating community members:
Favrenation (and his brother)
lazyhoboguy
Mytho
wawowe

This was the first game of Amplitude online I played in 5 or so years. The night began with a offline warm up round while Favrenation got his PS2 set up. When he was ready, we played several games on Normal mode before moving up to Brutal for a song or two. Around that time, lazy and wawowe expressed interest in playing, and joined us before we continued on Brutal.

I started off strong, but faltered as lazy began to dominate as the night progressed. The game is almost too chaotic with three other people, as you can't easily continue a combo when everyone else is looking for an unoccupied track. Regardless, I had a lot of fun playing this, as there isn't much like Amplitude in the PS2's online library.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Amplitude (8/29/11)

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea this is fun because it's so different than the typical ps2 online experiences. Playing with 4 people makes it so there is a big element of luck involved, like you have to be lucky to be able to have enough tracks free to keep your combo going. With 1 on 1 the game is a little more dependent on skill though since there is more opportunity to keep combos going. And yea I am not even that great,at this. Noonotthat and some of those other brazilian players beat me every time before haha.

Viscosity
site admin

Re: Amplitude (8/29/11)

Post by Viscosity »

I think drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon makes you an Amplitude God. lol