The original No DNAS games list

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

The original No DNAS games list

Post by Hunk91 »

I was searching some informations regarding the first online games which for most of them didn't had DNAS.
During my research I found this Old advertissemnt :

And I think those games have no DNAS. So this doesn't mean we can now play those games as they all used their porper server (later games went to gamespy server). But may be someone could try to recreate them and everybody could play those games
In the list we have (all titles are NTSC-U):

- Automodelista (no DNS)
- ATV Offroad Fury 2 (no DNS)
- Madden NFL 2003 (no DNS)
- Tony hawk Pro Skater 4 (DNS : 24.104.236.98 )
- SOCOM US Navy Seals (no DNS)
- Frequency (no DNS)
- Twisted Metal Balck online (DNS : 173.198.252.240)
- NFL gameday 2003 (no DNS)
- Tribes Aerial Assault (DNS : 142.4.223.231 or DNS : 24.104.236.98)

If you know about other games with no DNAS just post it here.
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

Re: The original No DNAS games list

Post by DonkeyKong »

Capcom vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

DonkeyKong wrote:Capcom vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001

Thank you DonkeyKong! According to what I found regarding this game, it used a USB modem named : P2GATE :

P2GATE modem (a red model was released also) :

Installation :

2 links to some informations bout it and other games : http://www.iodata.co.jp/products/game/2001/p2gate/ and http://www.iodata.jp/prod/multimedia/ga ... l-560p2ol/ (in japanese)

Final Fantasy XI used this modem in japan.

2 Questions ,

Does the US version of the game doesn't have online mode? (I don't think so)
Was it possible to play this game with the offcial broadband adapter once this one was released?

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

Hunk91 wrote:Does the US version of the game doesn't have online mode? (I don't think so)
Was it possible to play this game with the offcial broadband adapter once this one was released?
Online play wasn't available in other regions ,because it used exclusively to Japan MultiMatching service. I am sure it supports the official Network Adapter,but not its software. I looked at the links you provided and there was EGBrowser mentioned and as I found out earlier it supports only dial-up and will give you "hardware is not connected" . The servers were closed in 2008 ,because KDDI closed its MM dial-up service same year ,so I think it doesn't support broadband.
EDIT:I've tested the game and its really dial-up only game.
Last edited by DonkeyKong on Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

Ps2 use to give out discs with demo games on it that you could try out. I remember having one and i played frequency on demo disc, with dial up, with a guy from California, but when frequency finally came out, you could not play it online. They turned it into a offline game only, but the demo game worked online just fine.

DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

teamR@@K!E wrote:Ps2 use to give out discs with demo games on it that you could try out. I remember having one and i played frequency on demo disc, with dial up, with a guy from California, but when frequency finally came out, you could not play it online. They turned it into a offline game only, but the demo game worked online just fine.
You could unlock online mode in the full game by swapping the game disk to the demo disk, so you could play online with all songs.

DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

Hunk91 wrote: - Automodelista (no DNS)
They planned to add network mode to this game ,but it was cancelled in the latest stages of development. The released updated version Auto Modellista U.S. Tuned later with online mode ,but it had DNAS check.

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

Yes, really? cooL, but you can't buy a demo disc. No one would buy them or sell them. I should look for that demo disc again.

But now imagine you think frequency is the shit and it comes out in full game and they took away online capabilities.

DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

Netflix, it isn't the game actually,but it don't have DNAS check.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

DonkeyKong wrote:
Hunk91 wrote: - Automodelista (no DNS)
They planned to add network mode to this game ,but it was cancelled in the latest stages of development. The released updated version Auto Modellista U.S. Tuned later with online mode ,but it had DNAS check.
thank you DonkeyKOng for those informations. I found out that the Japanesse version ahs online mode but still with the P2GATE modem.

Do youthink it is the same case as Capcom vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 I mean online mode but only with modem connection or does it have a broadband online mode as the official network adapter was released then?