DNAS Error

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Thunder
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: ThunderRunner

DNAS Error

Post by Thunder »

Hi.

I've tried to get to PS2 Online starting by first making an account with a Network Access Disc 1.0.

However, I'm struggling with issues where DNS no matter which one I use. When running a Diagnostics Test, the results are find to everything but the DNAS. Too outdated version of the disc to work, I am not sure.

This is what it shows. (Sorry for incorrect rotation)

Thinking through, it might be that Xlink users never uses a Network Disc to proceed with online. Hope it wasn't a waste to wait till it was deliveried.

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Re: DNAS Error

Post by Hunk91 »

Hi!

The network access disk Will allow you to create network configurations. Some games have a built-in interface to create network configurations.

As for the DNAS check of your network access disk, it is normal that it failed.
The reason is that the official DNAS servers are not online anymore. Sony switch them off last October. But, Just before Sony took them out, the member No23 made a DNAS packet capture server and we submited as much games as possible by connecting to this server and doing the DNAS check.

Your network access disk Was not submited and there were no DNAS packet capture for it, soit thé New DNAS server can't recognise it and the test always fail.

There is a list of games which were submited and that can still be played online. Star Wars Battle Front 1 & 2 are payable (especialy the NTSC-U versions) : forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1990#p12913
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

digitalsmokesignal
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: DNAS Error

Post by digitalsmokesignal »

Hi there

Can anyone please help me get setup with a LAN of two playstation 2 units and a crossover cable? I have the network startup disc and have passed the network test stage of the network setup, but it fails to connect to central station so I've never been able to enter the serial number and registration code. Could that be the problem? Hope not as I imagine any sites like that have probably closed down long ago

Would be most grateful of any assistance as I'm trying to setup so my daughter and I can play Outrun 2006 against each other on LAN multiplayer 🤞. When I do that it tells me a network connection is unavailable.

Kind regards
Luke