Xlink Kai Setup Help

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
Fauch
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Le_Faucheur

Xlink Kai Setup Help

Post by Fauch »

actually I've issues with xlink. I think I have to set a static IP for my PS2 (already did it for my computer) but I have no idea how to do...

according to help on xlink kai forum, I'm stuck there now :
You will get something like 10.252.x.x. Set these settings to Your console Network settings. For Console Default router/gateway set:
A) Router IP(if You're using router);
or
B) Second LAN adaptor IP(if You connect console to Computer via some LAN adaptor);
I'm trying to figure what the hell it means
(gmt+2)

Viscosity
site admin

Re: Xlink Kai Setup Help

Post by Viscosity »

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

You need to setup a static IP address for your PC in order to port forward port 30000. You would go into your router and open that port to your computer's static IP address.

You shouldn't have to setup a manual/static IP address on your ps2. For most people, simply using an automatically configured playstation 2 network configuration should work.

Some people have found that they do need to make a manual/static playstation 2 network configuration to get xlink kai working. A few random games will only work with a manual ps2 network configuration too. Timesplitters: Future Perfect is not one of those though and works with an automatically setup one. If you try your automatic one and that doesn't work, you can setup a manual/static one by following this guide:

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... p=871#p871

You can have more than one ps2 network configuration saved on your memory card. So don't delete your automatic one for the manual one. Save both and name them so you can remember which is which. That way when testing it will be easy to try both.

**edit**

Fauch, for the text you quoted, could you link to thread you got it from so we can see it in context. Is that a guide for creating a manual ps2 network configuration? If you are using the one for gran turismo 4, it is needlessly complicated when compared to the other way to setup a manual ps2 network config. Try the first guide in the link I gave you above.

Fauch

Post by Fauch »

If You've got "Failed to configure" message or console "NOT DETECTED" message, it mean that KAI can detect console activity, but cannot communicate with console. You are ONLY one step away from "successfully configured" message. Why?

There is one MUST KNOW point. KAI Engine installs its own DHCP service on default Router. And KAI DHCP works EVERYTIME, even Your console IP is set to Static or Auto. To get "successfully configured" You HAVE TO match console IP with KAI DHCP EVERYTIME. What to do?

- Every time after any settings alter do: Turn off KAI. Turn off Console. Start KAI. Start Console.

1. Be sure that Windows DHCP Service is TURNED OFF. How:
http://www.adriansrojakpot.com/Other_Ar ... ckBoot.htm

2. USE Manual PS2 IP calculator(works for other consoles too!).
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/ps2assign.php
You will get something like 10.252.x.x. Set these settings to Your console Network settings. For Console Default router/gateway set:
A) Router IP(if You're using router);
or
B) Second LAN adaptor IP(if You connect console to Computer via some LAN adaptor);

- Do not forget to save console settings.

If "Failed to configure" again: try 10.253.x.x and 10.254.x.x settings. But always set STATIC IP for console and STATIC IP for LAN Adaptor. Remember that.

3. For Console DNS enter Your default ISP DNS or leave AUTO. Do not try to make any Network Tests with Console Network Setup Disk or Program. It is NOT necessary to pass any tests! All consoles use only simple UDP packets to communicate on LAN GAME MODE. KAI will get these UDP dropped from console Network Adapter and will send them to Orbital Server via TCP protocol. KAI also will get TCP packets from Orbital server, then will extract UDP from TCP received and will send that UDP to Your console. KAI works like DHL transport for Console UDP, but Console will never understand that

4. If You're using Firewall(or Windows Firewall), Set FULL ALLOW on ALL PORTS and PROTOCOLS to KAIEngine.exe, KAILaunch.exe, KAIUI.exe and Console MAC address.

5. Console MAC address? Look again at "failed to configure". The HEX digits above are console MAC address.

Follow that guide carefully and will succeed. It works on all consoles, not PS2 only.

now I have PS2 configured successfully and network not yet reachable. it has already been reachable, but I'm not sure why. it was before I started doing anything. then when I reconfigured it wasn't anymore, and some time later it was again :? do I just have to wait?
(gmt+2)

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

does it say "network reachable: no" or just "network reachable: not yet" If it says not yet give it some time to either say yes or no. Sometimes it can take a few minutes.

Xlink Kai has been having troubles itself lately the last few months because it was overloaded with psp users with the release of the japanese monster hunter game.

*edit* nvm you said it said network reachable not yet. Just give it a few minutes to to say yes or no for that.

Fauch

Post by Fauch »

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff32 ... ridge1.jpg
http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff32 ... ridge2.jpg
http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff32 ... ridge3.jpg

I don't know if that helps much.

it looks like setting up the bridge removes the connection to wanadoo_62d5 (my router) ?

I have no idea what the atheros thing is.
(gmt+2)

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

download Team Viewer. It lets me control ur pc to help you out. Once you close the program I can't connect to ur pc so its safe. Also do you have an instant messenger so you can chat?

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I can't gather too much from those screenshots since I can't read French lol.

I was thinking though, since you have a laptop is it possible for you just to hook up your laptop to your router with a wire? Even if your ps2 and tv are far away? Because if you can just hook up your PC to the router with an ethernet cord and you hook your ps2 up to your router with an ethernet cord you won't need to deal with any bridging of your network cards. Xlink Kai would work much easier that way. As long as you had a static IP on your PC and had port 30000 forwarded in your router to it, it should work. Dealing with wireless internet and xlink kai is like 100 times harder than dealing with a wired setup.