Can't see games

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
RoaDiE TMA
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: roadietma

Can't see games

Post by RoaDiE TMA »

My friend and I are trying to setup games and yet he can't see my games and I can't see his (Twisted Metal Black: Online).

He has network reachable, port 30000udp is forwarded, all firewalls and antivirus are off, Enable PAT unchecked, I can ping him and vice versa as well as chat on xlink kai. He even tried deleting his old network configuration on his memory card and making a brand new one using an auto-config game and still can't see one another's games. And yes I believe he is using the proper 7.3 older version.

Is the problem in how we are going about trying to game with one another? I mean the way ive done it before with others is just make sure you can ping one another in messenger mode and then just join the in-game LAN portion. When is the proper time to click the "follow" button. And does the in-game friends list have to read them as being in the game, or if it reads "messenger mode" is that ok?

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Can't see games

Post by lazyhoboguy »

RoaDiE TMA wrote:My friend and I are trying to setup games and yet he can't see my games and I can't see his (Twisted Metal Black: Online).

He has network reachable, port 30000udp is forwarded, all firewalls and antivirus are off, Enable PAT unchecked, I can ping him and vice versa as well as chat on xlink kai. He even tried deleting his old network configuration on his memory card and making a brand new one using an auto-config game and still can't see one another's games. And yes I believe he is using the proper 7.3 older version.

Is the problem in how we are going about trying to game with one another? I mean the way ive done it before with others is just make sure you can ping one another in messenger mode and then just join the in-game LAN portion. When is the proper time to click the "follow" button. And does the in-game friends list have to read them as being in the game, or if it reads "messenger mode" is that ok?
It sounds like you both have things setup properly network wise, but I wonder if one of your console's is not being detected properly by Xlink Kai.

Boot up tmbo or any lan game you have and go into the lan mode. Hit refresh if that is an option in the game.

In Xlink Kai and click on the magnifying glass icon at the top left. Next click on the folder icon at the top left (it's directly below the white and blue question mark icon). It should say your console is configured successfully or will just have a mac address that has a blue background. If it says your console failed to configure or if a mac address shows up, but the background is red then you have a problem.

If either of you are using wireless internet to your PC that would also be a cause for you not seeing each others games.

Oh, just reread your post. You all need to switch to arena mode first to play games I believe. You need to join the same arena. Dont try to just host a game when you are in messenger mode.

To play a game on XLink you should go into the proper arena for the game before you try hosting or joining a game. You can actually be banned by Xlink Kai I think if you are hosting games in the wrong arena. That probably won't ever happen though, but you should host in the TMBO arena when playing that game so other people will know what you are playing and can join you as well.