Xlink w/ PS2 Online Through Laptop?

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Xlink w/ PS2 Online Through Laptop?

Post by NoLimits »

I just rigged up my ps2 to go online by connecting it to my wireless laptop and I'm wondering if anyone has got xlink to work on this type of setup? I haven't tried to connect w/ xlink yet, but I know I am going to run into problems getting it to work. (I'm using a bridged connection)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Xlink w/ PS2 Online Through Laptop?

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Using a laptop wont cause any problems. Xlink Kai doesnt like wireless internet though. But it will work with xlink kai if you bridge the wireless and wired network cards on your computer. Then just use a normal ethernet cord from your computer to the ps2.

NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

Can I run Xlink on my laptop though or will I have to run it on my main computer? Where would I port forward that port (forget which number it is) to?

MajinHalo521
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai username: MetaSwordzGuy695

Post by MajinHalo521 »

If you want to use xlink on your laptop then it needs to be installed on your laptop. As far as ports I don't think any need to be forwarded (at least they didn't for me; I could be wrong)
(gmt-5)

NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

So everything works fine for you? Is your laptop wired to a router or on a wireless connection (like me).

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

NoLimits wrote:So everything works fine for you? Is your laptop wired to a router or on a wireless connection (like me).
You might not need to port forward, put might have to. You would have to port forward port 30000 to your laptop's ip address.

Regarding the wireless situation, you'd need to bridge the wireless network adapter and the wired network adapter on your laptop. What operating system are you on? I can find you a guide. It's easy to do.