Korean version of Hardware Online Arena

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Masquarr
Level 22: Rogue Soldier
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: masquedwarrior

Korean version of Hardware Online Arena

Post by Masquarr »

I was interested in importing this game, so that I could play its online mode. Does anyone know whether or not the master list for the Korean version of Hardware Online Arena is still up? (I know that the European version has been terminated.)
(gmt-4)

Viscosity
site admin

Re: Korean version of Hardware Online Arena

Post by Viscosity »

Australian apprenty hasn't been shut down either all though I have no clue for either. Was thinking of just buying the Aussie one.

Masquarr

Post by Masquarr »

FreddY and did some more research! I found the South Korean playstation website, playstation.co.kr. From there we found a page with info about the Korean version: http://www.playstation.co.kr/ps_game/ga ... ce?sid=206 . FreddY then found what we thought to be the URL of the game's Korean master list, but it turned out to be a dead end. It's possible that the master list is at a subdomain of playstation.co.kr or scei.co.jp, but I'm not sure. Either way, it'd be interesting to see if the European version could be redirected to the Korean master list, assuming that the latter is indeed still up.
(gmt-4)

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

so all you have to do to revive a game and bring the servers back to life is find the master list domain? then of course host it on a dns server?
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

No the game might work with the socom servers that make amplitude work again. Its a temporary thing and it uses DNAS so its basically dead in the long run. Still want to play it though.

Grunt_Sniper
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

What is Hardware Online Arena? Is it like Quake Live or Quake Arena?
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

Masquarr

Post by Masquarr »

I don't think so. Admittedly, I've never played any version of the game, but AFAIK it's more like Twisted Metal Black: Online. Here are some videos of gameplay footage.

As a sidenote, the game was released in South Korea as "Hardware: Online Battlefield" rather than Hardware: Online Arena, for whatever reason.
(gmt-4)

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

did a little research too

강철기갑사단: ONLINE BATTLEFIELD ---> Gangcheol Gigap Sadan: Online Battlefield ---> Armored Division: Online Battlefield

(Armored Division, like a unit of tanks in some military)

Product code: SCKA-14001 (don't confuse with the mastering code printed on the disc, which is SCKA-10001)

It's a CD (so blueback)

Also found a high resolution picture of the box lying open, instruction booklet and disc visible. if anyone wants it. and a few other things like a md5sum. I'll check a little later and see if i can find anything about the server list as well

Masquarr

Post by Masquarr »

I also recently found out that, (if the eBay member I spoke with is to be believed,) the master list for the Aussie version is indeed still up. I'm thinking of buying a copy via eBay. Also, the eBay user said that there's no fee required in order to access the online feature!
(gmt-4)

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

Thanks to FreddY we now have the domain of the au server: hw2003-prod-muis.rt.au.playstation.com

and it is definitely still up.