Ghost Recon Jungle Storm Servers Down?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Ghost Recon Jungle Storm Servers Down?

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Well... It's official now. I contacted ubi.com through their contact section and I got this response back"

" Response Via Email (Jason) 01/16/2012 23:39
sc,

Unfortunately, this game is no longer available for play online due to lack of player interest."

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

lazyhoboguy wrote:Well... It's official now. I contacted ubi.com through their contact section and I got this response back"

sc,

Unfortunately, this game is no longer available for play online due to lack of player interest."
So they axe Jungle Storm, yet keep all the other Ubisoft games up? What kind of mad world is this? :shock:
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Masquarr
Level 22: Rogue Soldier
Xlink Kai username: masquedwarrior

Post by Masquarr »

I don't know, I'm just regretting that I didn't buy a copy of this game. Not only was I unable to play it before it went offline, I wasn't able to log any packets of the game's online mode, either. This game didn't use DNAS, did it? Either way, it probably had a fairly simple, easy-to-replicate master server, because it was one of the first online titles to come out for the PS2. But alas, it's probably too late to do anything about it, now. :(
(gmt-4)

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea this was one of my favorite still online ps2 games to play. So its pretty sad for me that I know I can never play it online again. The game is still worth getting for the singleplayer, but having human players for co-op is a lot more fun than using the sort of stupid computer AI. There is an xbox 1 version of this game, but it is inferior to Jungle Storm on ps2. The xbox version is called Ghost Recon: Island Thunder and is the same game basically, but the frame rate is much worse, the visibility in the levels is MUCH MUCH worse, and the controls feel a lot more jerky and imprecise. Like the level visibility in every level is awful, they use fog to make it so you can see only like 2 feet in front of you. On the ps2 version none of these problems exist. The ps2 version came out after the xbox one, and it seems like whoever made that version focused more on the gameplay then the graphics. The xbox version looks nicer, but when it runs like crap and you cannot see more than a few feet in front of you, it makes the ps2 version a million times better.

Ironically though, the crappier xbox version does have a LAN mode. That version is so much worse than Jungle Storm on ps2 though that I dont ever see myself playing it through Xlink Kai again.

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I updated the online game list to show that this game is now offline. That was hard to do :cry: haha.

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

We should packet dump non DNAS games, then we might be able to get them back online.

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

jacobgrocks wrote:We should packet dump non DNAS games, then we might be able to get them back online.
GRJS uses DNAS

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

Oh, someone claimed it didn't. NVM then.

Another thing I don't get is why do few PS2 games support Syslink compared to the Xbox?

Grunt_Sniper
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

lazyhoboguy wrote:Well... It's official now. I contacted ubi.com through their contact section and I got this response back"

sc,

Life officially sucks. I never got to play this game online because of its dumb host setup. :'(
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea it does suck. I just moved too and probably within a month Id have my own interent connection so I would have actually been able to host that game.