Undocumented LAN Game: Stacked with Daniel Negreanu

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

Undocumented LAN Game: Stacked with Daniel Negreanu

Post by FreddY »

Picked this game up recently and found that while the game's official online servers (hosted by DemonWare) seems to be terminated, the game actually has a LAN mode, meaning that it can be played online forever. The game currently goes for $0.99 used at GameStop if anyone would like to give it a shot.

(Error message received when attempting to access Stacked's online mode) wrote:There was an error connecting to the servers. Please try again later.

Stacked's LAN mode, which is accessible right from the main menu.

Stacked with Daniel Negreanu is a poker video game released in September 2006 featuring the titular professional championship player, Daniel Negreanu. Other pros also make an appearance, including Evelyn Ng, Juan Carlos Mortensen, and Erick Lindgren.

Stacked with Daniel Negreanu provides both instruction and challenging AI competition. With video and in-game instructional features, the game helps you hone your No-Limit Hold 'Em skills. Computer opponents are equipped with a dynamic AI that allows them to take on specific personalities and adjust their play during the game. In Career mode, you can create your own character and take him or her up the ranks, eventually playing in larger tournaments and earning the respect of poker pros. The game also supports online play for small or large tournaments against other players.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Undocumented LAN Game: Stacked with Daniel Negreanu

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Interesting. I am not a big fan of poker, but might get this eventually if I find it for very cheap.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Interesting how you can watch a game too. Might have to pick this one up too.

hobojoe44
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai username: [STFU]*hobojoe44

Post by hobojoe44 »

I myself bought the Original Xbox version recently, as another member on encyde.se recommended it, and it has headset support where as the world series of poker game doesn't.

I haven't played online yet but the game is really newb friendly, there is a whole series of instructional videos by Daniel Negreanu on it, and at anytime in game you can get a tip from him on what maybe the best move in a given situation.