Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Account Creation Back Online!

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
vitas150
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: vitas155

Re: Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Account Creation Back Onlin

Post by vitas150 »

Today I checked out your new DNS again, registration worked. Thanks for the helpPS: the other games did not check your DNS as unnecessary
Playstation 2 SCPH-50008 FMCB 1.94 Network Adapter HDD 80гб PSP 2008 6.60 МE-2.2 PS3 CECH-3008A 320gb 4.70 PSVita PCH-1008(Wi-Fi Only) 3.35 PSX DESR-5500

Barbarian_Roman
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by Barbarian_Roman »

Guys, I am having trouble getting connected to the BF2 MC servers.
I no router nearby and therefore I have to connect my fat ps2 to my laptop (with Windows 7) via a cat 5e cable and bridge the connection. I watched some movies on youtube how to do this, but they were all with Windows XP. I am not sure which IP address to use. The one displayed under properties of the bridged (the IPv4 address) is different from the one when I go check on any website what is my IP address. I tried both but no luck getting past DNAS authentication.
Furthermore, does the Cat5e cable have to be some kind of special crossover cable? I heard the crossover cables are pretty obsolete now. Also, I heard conflicting reports about checking or unchecking the sharing option under wireless properties in Windows 7.
As for the DNS, I have tried putting the DNS in listed on page 1.
I go as far as DNAS Authentification, then I promptly get a -612 error, that the DNS is unavailable or something.
Please, any help would be appreciated.
PS I have to make a new BF2 account, I have no old one. My BF2 MC copy is legit, my PS2 is non modded, so I don't think thats responsible for the DNAS error. And also, when I test the connection in the edit/create connection configuration settings, it is always successful.

chak88
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Post by chak88 »

bobz server seems to be temporarily down that is why you are getting an error I think

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by teamR@@K!E »

and one of bobz dns addresses has changed

Barbarian_Roman

Never mind, I have figured most of it out, I can get to the gamespy login screen. However, it fails to download the terms of services. Just waiting till BOB fixes his DNS and posts a new DNS number so I can create a new account and be on my way.

Barbarian_Roman

Sorry to double post, but anyone know when the DNS server will be back up so you can create a new account?

Hogwarts
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by Hogwarts »

I'm wondering the same thing roman. ^ I'd love to get on with you guys and play some BF2 and other games but I can't create an account.

I have all the time splitters and also all the battlefields. So i'm open to play any game you guys are down for!

Barbarian_Roman

Yeah, really eager to get my copy of BF2 online as well. Though I've had a PS2 for over 4 years, I've never taken it online, and want to get the full PS2 online experience before the community is completely dead!

Ohmnivore

Post by Ohmnivore »

http://www.bobzent.info/ps2.php
BobzEnt is offline. Don't know if it's just a hickup or if it's gone for good. I have just bought my PS2 and all the kit. I've been waiting to play BF2MC for a couple of years now. If anyone has an already made account it would be great if he could lend it to me. If I ever get player creation going on my ps2 I'll make a dozen or so to hand them out in case anyone has problems.

As expected, I can't download the terms and agreements. Seriously, I'm desperate for that game, so, anyone, please.

OllieWilliams242
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by OllieWilliams242 »

http://www.bobzent.info/
His website is back up for those of you who want to make an account for BF2:MC. Just use DNS 2 listed at the top left corner of his website and set it as your primary DNS. As of this post, DNS 2 is 74.65.241.66. Remember that this DNS is only needed to make an account and download the terms of service. The regular servers still work for the normal gameplay.