Medal of Honor Rising Sun!

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
daps2
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Re: Medal of Honor Rising Sun!

Post by daps2 »

I have got in touch with xlink and asked them to support it :)

tombraiderpro
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by tombraiderpro »

dar-and wrote:I have got in touch with xlink and asked them to support it :)
Thank you! Can you host? I have no clue how Xlink Kai even works! lol
"What's a man got to do to get that kind of attention from ya?" - Tomb Raider 1996

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

If i recall, someone told me that the lan mode was bugged. I am interested in seeing if it works though.

SS_CUBS
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by SS_CUBS »

I hate to be the barer of bad news on this one. But myself and a few other friends are long time MOH:RS players we all met back on that game and have loved that game forever. We have tried literally eveything possible to play it again. We've even developed our own PC mod of rising sun for source on PC. We never finished it however but we got a few maps completed with perfect scale and everything. We have tried for the past 8 years to get the original to work. Unfortunately it is a flawed game and it won't work. The problem is in order to play a LAN match trough tunneling you need to first connect to the network which is offline. Now if you have multiple systems connected to the same network you can host a game. However the game needs to find a region to host the server. When they were up it was US east, U.S. West, Europe and Asia. This is were the snag comes in. You host the game and you skip through the region screen and host. When your second console looks for the game it can not find the server because it doesn't know what region to look under you always get a blank list. Unless you can find some one who is supporting a full server for this game it's ultimately impossible. I'm not an expert in tunneling or networking so I do encourage you to try and see what you can do. If you do get it online let me know immediately we will all be there.

daps2

Post by daps2 »

Well I have got in touch with xlink Kai so fingers crossed, that region thing sounds pretty annoying!

tombraiderpro

Post by tombraiderpro »

Yes It does! When I keep testing it, that screen keeps popping up and I never knew what it was! I've had the game for a long time, but I didn't have a Network Adapter until AFTER online mode was disconnected!
"What's a man got to do to get that kind of attention from ya?" - Tomb Raider 1996

daps2

Post by daps2 »

Now I come to think of it I did some packet captures a fee months ago for this game, maybe I can fish them out and send then to xlink I they need them. I will also go make a post in the xlink forums about it .

Edit- posted here- http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44529

tombraiderpro

Post by tombraiderpro »

Awesome! Thanks for doing that!!! :)

daps2

Post by daps2 »

well one issue will be that for some reason the game was made so that you have to pass through dnas before you can get to lan, but it is still up so xlink would just need to forward us there. Apart from that it should work i think.

SS_CUBS
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by SS_CUBS »

You can't get passed dnas with xlink I tried it yesterday. I did some packet logging and found the DNS server information. If someone can host it we might be in business. Still some obstacles though such as the sub lists.