Thanks for the memories!

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
daps2
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Thanks for the memories!

Post by daps2 »

Today, the fourth of April 2016, Sony has discontinued the Dynamic Network Authentication System(DNAS). This is required by near on all ps2 games to get online apart from games such as Tribes AA and THPS3.

I have created this thread so we can all share our greatest memories from all the other games that have sadly now become defunct.

My favourite game ever to this date is ToCA Race Driver 3. It was one of the first games i ever bought and will always stay with me. I never realised it had online till around mid 2014 when it was too late... I have since found servers that support it and had a few races here and there with random folk. These have been the highlight of my time on ps2 online as it showed me others still loved my favourite game almost 10 years after release! (p.s it has a lan mode so i hope to continue racing you guys over xlink!)

I also love call of duty finest hour. This was the first ps2 game i ever played online and i sucked at it. Thanks to the help of Avery (who stopped playing ps2 online in late 2014) i became better and better till i was fighting with the veterans of the game. This is something that i loved. I used the workaround on the evening of april 4th 2016 to make sure it will be the last online ps2 game i ever play officially, it only seems right since it was the first one i played and what lead me to try out the rest!

Area 51 over the last few weeks has been amazing and i really wish it would be re mastered and released in full hd in the ps store. It is fast paced and there is never a dull moment. Shame it was brought back so late and we couldnt play more of it :(

Sniper elite also deserves a mention along with call of duty 3, midnight club 3, tony hawks American wasteland, tony hawks underground, star wars battlefront 2 and last but definitely not least colin McRae rally 2005.

Also the struggle to get battlefield 2 modern combat back (teamrookie will love this ahaha) we got far but never succeed due to EA never releasing the file we needed. This one file would have brought the game back, this would have given us all that last game on backstab or russian border. The closest i came to bringing it back was actually on the fateful morning of the 4th of April 2016 where my case was forwarded onto someone senior at EA. I came here to post about it straightaway, only to read"URGENT! DNAS SHUTDOWN". Who knows, maybe i will get the files after all! Just DNAS has completely screwed me over.

Finally the Call of Duty 2 match on the 3rd April 2016. This was absolutely epic! There was multiple servers running and the most players i had seen ever on it! We played for hours and it is the most fun i think i have ever had on an online game, there is just something special about a fast paced deatmatch on town square. We sure gave ps2 online a great sendoff with these matches. Little did we know at the time though they would be the last ever group matches of the official ps2 era.

Thank you all for being part of it, and share your memories below! :D

(i suppose i will see all you guys on xlink and when a workaround is created for DNAS. Also if anyone needs help to setup xlink just message me and i will be happy to help :) )

Vedita BR
Level 17: Silly Sam: Previous Encounter
Xlink Kai username: LtCarlos

Re: Thanks for the memories!

Post by Vedita BR »

Metal Gear Online and Outbreak Will/can be online forever
PlayStation® 2 System
SCPH-90010, 39001, SCE Modem/Ethernet (Network Adaptor)
OPL 0.9.X WIP

METAL GEAR ONLINE is BACK! SaveMGO.com
-Vedita BR / Fury-K96

Dark_Master
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by Dark_Master »

We still have twisted metal

Vedita BR

Post by Vedita BR »

We have LAN, we choose wheen it will be over, not Sony.
PlayStation® 2 System
OPL 0.9.X WIP

-Vedita BR / Fury-K96

Vedita BR

Post by Vedita BR »

Oops... Double posting :?
PlayStation® 2 System
OPL 0.9.X WIP

-Vedita BR / Fury-K96

cammers1995
Level 2: My Street Resident

Post by cammers1995 »

We can just go old fashioned and play LAN. :P

MartinMilk
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai username: MartinMilkis

Post by MartinMilk »

I only got to play a few rounds on CoD 3 with other people. It was still fun for what it was. The PS2 is my favorite console of all time so it really bums me out that it's not longer avalible. However I will be truly sad when the Japanese games are not longer avalible through this service since I play Resident Evil Outbreak online reguarly on my JPN PS2.
YouTube Channel: GaymingTube

on PS2 I usually play Biohazard Outbreak, Timesplitters and Call of Duty 3. I also play GameCube online and I do have all supported games. Hit me up if you want to play.

Vedita BR

Post by Vedita BR »

PlayStation® 2 System
OPL 0.9.X WIP

-Vedita BR / Fury-K96

DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

Post by DonkeyKong »

daps2 wrote: Also the struggle to get battlefield 2 modern combat back (teamrookie will love this ahaha) we got far but never succeed due to EA never releasing the file we needed. This one file would have brought the game back, this would have given us all that last game on backstab or russian border.
Remember what I have told you about clan battles?

daps2
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by daps2 »

DonkeyKong wrote:
daps2 wrote: Also the struggle to get battlefield 2 modern combat back (teamrookie will love this ahaha) we got far but never succeed due to EA never releasing the file we needed. This one file would have brought the game back, this would have given us all that last game on backstab or russian border.
Remember what I have told you about clan battles?
I had a look but i didnt find anything useful. If you pm your email i can send you the files required to search through the game disc?