THPS3 on Snipe's Server (thps.us)

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

THPS3 on Snipe's Server (thps.us)

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

Hi, I'm 21SkAt3r212 on thps.us (lazyhoboguy, you've probably seen me around) and on here. The question that has been going around lately is how to get online with thps3 on snipe's server. How did you do it? I can get the getting lobby list message but then it says failed to connect to gamespy. Help! I wanna play it online! :?
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

icebears4ever
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai username: haveno

Re: THPS3 on Snipe's Server (thps.us)

Post by icebears4ever »

On snipes i tried like a month ago (my thps3 is broken) and it said failed to connect but then took me to the lobby list, but bobz server works, not sure, im sure i can get a new pretty quick if thps3 works online on bobz, try it, and if ur on, i defenetly get a new :)
(gmt+1)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Favrenation posted how we got it working here:
http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=10&t=252
I got proskater 3 working although I had no one to test with. when it tries to connect to the server it will eventually say it couldn't connect but then it gives u the lobby list and I created a game an I could see it here: http://thps.us/status.php?game=thps3ps2 I will want to test this and make sure though. Here is what I did: Primary DNS: 99.198.122.133
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Host Name: I put Favrenation here although I am not sure if it is necessary.
He leaves out some of the details though, when I get some time I can write up step by step how we got it working.

For now here is some info

-You dont need to mess with the host name.
-Also, even once you get connected to the master list and host, no one will be able to join your game unless you have port forwarded. I am not exactly sure which ports need to be open since I do not know how Snipes makes the online mode of the game work now. When this game was played online normally when the servers were still up you would need to port forward these ports:

"5150 or 5151 UDP" (listed in game manual)

This means you would have to setup a static IP address on your PS2 and then forward those ports to it by opening up your router and setting that up.

OR

The for sure way to make sure you can host is to just set your PS2's static IP address to DMZ which opens all ports to it. This will mean every online game you play on it will never have connection problems due to ports needing to be open.

So really, using these servers to play this game online isn't much easier than LAN tunneling the game with XLink Kai. Since it still requires port forwarding to play. This is just slightly easier because if the host is port forwarded correctly or has his PS2's static IP address set to DMZ (opening all ports) then the other players can join without having to do any port forwarding.

21SkAt3r21

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

Ok, I will try port forwarding and following all those steps. Idk how to get my ps3 to have a static ip for thps3 (I play on a 60gb backwards compatible ps3) but I'll look into it. I'm determined to play at least 1 game of this online! :D
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

21SkAt3r21

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

ok, I got it to work!!!! :D :D :D I hosted a game but idk if people can join it. We need to see because if you do need to port forward, i will. :) :) :)
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

21SkAt3r21

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

I used the DNS Favrenation put on the topic and could connect but then used the thps.us officiasl DNS and couldn't connect. Any suggestions?
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yes use the one Favrenation said. It's the one that works lol. It is still a dns from thps.us. The site has 2.

21SkAt3r21

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

ok thanks, you are really helpful. How did he get his game to show up on the site though? Mine doesn't show up on it. It only shows me logging in when i'm using the one that doesnt work.
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

21SkAt3r21 wrote:ok thanks, you are really helpful. How did he get his game to show up on the site though? Mine doesn't show up on it. It only shows me logging in when i'm using the one that doesnt work.
We never got it to showup on the site either. I don't think the site maker ever tested his servers with THPS3 much. Seems like they focus on the newer games there.

21SkAt3r21

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

yeah, we need to schedule a thps3 day
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)