Weekly Sunday Game: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (10/23/11)

Create a thread here to schedule a time to play PS2 games online through their normal servers.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Weekly Sunday Game: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (10/23/11)

Post by lazyhoboguy »

There was a tie between Star Wars Battlefront 2 and THPS3 in the poll, but since it has been a long time since we played thps3 our weekly Sunday night game on 10/23/11 is Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.

For more info about our Sunday night weekly games go here to read the news post. Like every Sunday night, the weekly game on 10/23/2011 will start at 6:30 PM Pacific Time (GMT-7).

If you are confused by what time the game starts because of time zone differences, look at the clock in my signature which is for the Pacific Time Zone. The game starts once that clock shows 6:30 pm.

I believe this game only allows 4 people in a match at the most. If more than that amount of people we might have to split up into 2 games. This game is online through thps.us and thps.info's servers. So to play and host you need to setup a network configuration using one of the dns numbers from those sites.

You can try contacting us through instant messengers and skype. We just added a chat to the site as well which you can access by clicking the chat button at the top of the site. If you intend to play or know you cannot make it, also try posting back in this thread to let other people know.

Don't Forget! Vote in the Poll for which game will be played 2 weeks from now on 10/30/2011!

The poll for the Sunday weekly game on 10/30/11 has its own separate thread which is located here:

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... ?f=6&t=767

I don't know if I can make this game for sure. Will let you know if I can or not.

robinhoodie
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai username: robinhoodie

Re: Weekly Sunday Game: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (10/23/11)

Post by robinhoodie »

Hey I spent a couple hours trying to get online with THPS 3 tonight after looking at THPS.US . I had no luck. Have you guys been able to get it running. I've only played PS2 games online thru Xlink and XBSLink so far, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. Any hints would be much appreciated as I really want to play this game with you guys online.

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

Here's how mine is configured.

Options --> Network Setup
Network Player Name:
wawowe
Hardware Setup: Ethernet (Network Adapter for PS2) >>>most people will use this or pppoe<<<
--> Connection Settings
Type:
Static IP Address
IP Address: 192.168.*.* >>>replace *s with relevant numbers. e.g. 192.168.0.36<<<
Gateway: 192.168.*.* >>>e.g. 192.168.0.1<<<
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 >>>most people will use this number<<<
Hostname: >>>most people won't need this<<<
<--
-->Advanced Options
Use Defaults:
No
Primary Master Server: 74.65.195.94
Secondary Master Server: 0.0.0.0
<--
then i hit "save settings"

I also have ports 5150, 5151, and 6500 forwarded to my ps2 so that I can host. Which btw, this time will be better because I unlocked all the levels up to Tokyo. I might even have a couple more by Sunday.

If anyone wants to test their configuration with me before the game, contact me in the Chat or aim etc.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Depending on who shows up that night, we could play it on xlink kai if people have trouble playing the game online this way. I remember with thps3 that when you have it setup it says it like timed out or something when u try to connect, but after like a minute it connects. It's been awhile since I tried.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Bobz version doesn't need to time oout, it just works. Snipes is the one who doesn't work with THP3 right. Thps.info servers are really all we need because he hosts other redirects too. THPS.us is fine but if you want to play thp3 i would reccomend using Bobz server at thps.info.

robinhoodie

Post by robinhoodie »

Okay cool, I'm getting a better handle on this.

"IP Address: 192.168.*.* >>>replace *s with relevant numbers. e.g. 192.168.0.36<<<"
This is your ps2s address I believe

But what is?
"Gateway: 192.168.*.* >>>e.g. 192.168.0.1<<<"
Is this the IP address of your router? Could it be the IP address of your computer if your using internet sharing?

Actually, how do you guys have your PS2 set up for non Xlink games? Into your computer or straight into your router?

And lastly, does someone need to be hosting a THPS3 game for me to connect correctly?

Thank you for all your help.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

You need to have certain ports forwarded to host a game that is joinable.

wawowe
site admin

Post by wawowe »

robinhoodie wrote:"IP Address: 192.168.*.* >>>replace *s with relevant numbers. e.g. 192.168.0.36<<<"This is your ps2s address I believeBut what is?"Gateway: 192.168.*.* >>>e.g. 192.168.0.1<<<"Is this the IP address of your router? Could it be the IP address of your computer if your using internet sharing?
-you're right about both of those.
IP Address: 192.168.*.* is your ps2's ip address
gateway: 192.168.*.* is your router or computers ip depending on your setup.

-my hardware configuration for xlink and non-xlink is the same.

-someone does have to host, yes.
most likely, i will host.

wawowe
site admin

Post by wawowe »

robinhoodie is setup :)

robinhoodie

Post by robinhoodie »

I figure I should post about that. First because Wawowe is awesome and super helpful in getting me set up. But also so that if anyone else is having trouble. They can learn from what I learned.

I have my PS2 running into my Windows XP computer. Which then connects wirelessly to my internet.

The first thing we had to do to make sure things worked was to bridge the internet connection between the ethernet and the wireless on the PC. This was done in the Network Settings window. I had a little trouble getting them to bridge at first. But it worked when I disconnected the PS2 from the PC and then tried to bridge them.

As far as the set up on THPS3. We got it working when I set the DHCP to automatic and the Master Server to 74.65.195.94 and the Secondary Server to 0.0.0.0

Obviously the problem with this is I can't host. Although it did let me start a host game. But one problem at a time.