Is anyone interested in playing Need For Speed Underground online?

Create a thread here to schedule a time to play PS2 games online through their normal servers.
racer
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Is anyone interested in playing Need For Speed Underground online?

Post by racer »

Is anyone interested in playing Need For Speed Underground online? I am able to enter the server, but after selecting a car, the game says that it is 'connecting to EA.com' and takes very long on this screen. After quite a while, I get a message on screen saying 'Your server and/or ISP connection has been lost. Check your network and try to reconnect. If you continue to experience problems, the server or your your ISP may be temporarily unavailable'. When I proceed to repeat my steps up to this stage, it ends up taking a long time on the 'connecting to EA.com' screen and the cycle repeats itself. I know that my internet connection is working through the fact that I am able to get through the 'connecting to ISP', DNAS check and 'the first connecting to EA.com'(it says 'connecting to EA.com twice, and second time is the one that I am having trouble with). Is there any way I can get past this and into the lobby? I would like to know why this is and a possible solution for this. I have the ntsc version of the game. The dns server I am using has a primary address of '45 . 7 . 228 . 197'. I live in the gmt+8 time zone, and if I can successfully get this problem sorted out, would really enjoy playing this game online with anyone who would like to join. Thanks in advance for any help.

chak88
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Re: Is anyone interested in playing Need For Speed Underground online?

Post by chak88 »

racer wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:08 pm
Is anyone interested in playing Need For Speed Underground online? I am able to enter the server, but after selecting a car, the game says that it is 'connecting to EA.com' and takes very long on this screen. After quite a while, I get a message on screen saying 'Your server and/or ISP connection has been lost. Check your network and try to reconnect. If you continue to experience problems, the server or your your ISP may be temporarily unavailable'. When I proceed to repeat my steps up to this stage, it ends up taking a long time on the 'connecting to EA.com' screen and the cycle repeats itself. I know that my internet connection is working through the fact that I am able to get through the 'connecting to ISP', DNAS check and 'the first connecting to EA.com'(it says 'connecting to EA.com twice, and second time is the one that I am having trouble with). Is there any way I can get past this and into the lobby? I would like to know why this is and a possible solution for this. I have the ntsc version of the game. The dns server I am using has a primary address of '45 . 7 . 228 . 197'. I live in the gmt+8 time zone, and if I can successfully get this problem sorted out, would really enjoy playing this game online with anyone who would like to join. Thanks in advance for any help.
To my knowledge Need For Speed was never fully working with any DNS because it is an EA title and that requires more than just a connection online. It would require someone to mimic EA servers. If someone is able to get it working please let me know as I would love to play.

racer

Post by racer »

Doesn't Cristian's server work? I think that the dns address I used is for that server. I found some other posts on this website discussing playing on it in 2018. From that I assusem that the server is still working. Does anyone know if it is down, and if it is, is it permenantly offline? Also, if it is down, are there any other dns servers I can still play on that anybody knows of? Thanks again for any help.

SkaMasta097

Post by SkaMasta097 »

I'm interested. My friend has NFSU and I have a phat PS2 with a network adaptor. I was able to get online, but no one else was on, so I couldn't play against anybody. Let me know if you or anybody else would like to play and when.

racer

Post by racer »

SkaMasta097 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:05 am
I'm interested. My friend has NFSU and I have a phat PS2 with a network adaptor. I was able to get online, but no one else was on, so I couldn't play against anybody. Let me know if you or anybody else would like to play and when.
I am interested in playing. However, as I have described, I am having a problem where the game gets stuck on the second 'connecting to EA.com' screen. If you or anyone else knows a fix for this, please help. I am playing on a slim PS2 if mentioning it helps. Thanks.

AimeeHoben

Post by AimeeHoben »

just a little bit