Interested in a TimeSplitters: FP weekly match?

Create a thread here to schedule a time to use LAN tunneling (Xlink Kai) to play Playstation 2 games online.
Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Interested in a TimeSplitters: FP weekly match?

Post by Mytho »

Hey all,

I've noticed that people have been asking about the weekly TS:FP matches we used to run. Sadly, due to declining player interest, amongst other circumstances, the administrators decided to discontinue the weekly games. Another prominent issue we ran into is that a portion of the player base began using XBSlink and refused to play with members who preferred Xlink Kai. With a player base this small, even a minor splinter can mean going from a full, lively game to pockets of 2-3 people playing in separate games.

That being said, I would like to see if there is any interest in reviving the weekly game. Please answer the following questions so we can gauge potential activity and accommodate as many members as possible:

1. What timezone do you live in? Please answer in GMT (E.g., GMT-5 U.S. Eastern). If you do not know, consult the following website: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/
2. What day of the week would you prefer to play? Please choose from either a. Friday, b. Saturday, or c. Sunday.
3. What time of day would you prefer to play? Please choose from either a. Morning, b. Afternoon, or c. Evening.
4. What tunneling program do you prefer to use? Please choose from either a. Xlink Kai, or b. XBSlink.

Thank you for your participation. 8-)
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Iraito
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai username: Iraito

Re: Interested in a TimeSplitters: FP weekly match?

Post by Iraito »

1= GMT +1

2= every day of the week is no problem for me

3=evening

4=I have both Xlink kai and XBSlink but Xlink kai works pretty good so i say Xlink.
(gmt+1)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

This reminds me, since Daylight Savings Time ended earlier this month people need to update the timezone clocks in their signatures: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... =35&t=1291

If you are new to the site, go here ( http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51 ) to learn how to add a clock for your timezone into your signature. It's useful in comparing times to other site members when you are setting up a game.

I wont be able to make a weekly tsfp game for now, but maybe eventually if I get a new internet connection setup. I'd suggest that once you guys have a day for the weekly game agreed upon, you should post about it on the xlink kai forums: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/, and the tsfp xlink facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/420709671290865/

Slacker
Level 9: Greg Hasting's Competition Squirtguns Max'd
Xlink Kai username: VoraciousSlacker

Post by Slacker »

Let's see... because of college, I might be able to make it on Saturdays. My time zone is GMT - 8. I could make it any time of the day as long as it's not too early in the morning or too late at night. I use Xlink Kai, but I'd be willing to install XBSlink if need be. Who knows, I might be able to get some roommates to tag along.

*EDIT* I forgot I also have some Friday evenings that should be open.
Last edited by Slacker on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
(gmt-8)
Hey, I've a Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Angeline1994
I've gone off the deep end.

Iraito

Post by Iraito »

Well then why don't we try to schedule a match for this saturday ?
Is 10AM good as for the time ? for me GMT+1 is like 7PM so we can also move the time later; for me is no problem.
(gmt+1)

Slacker
Level 9: Greg Hasting's Competition Squirtguns Max'd
Xlink Kai username: VoraciousSlacker

Post by Slacker »

I'm down for a match this weekend. Let's just wait for more replies before we schedule a match.
(gmt-8)
Hey, I've a Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Angeline1994
I've gone off the deep end.

noonotthat
site admin
Xlink Kai username: noonotthat

Post by noonotthat »

I will play, just give me a heads up!
No lube for me!

Iraito

Post by Iraito »

It seems we are good to go for this saturday
(gmt+1)

LittleW00D
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: LittleW00D

Post by LittleW00D »

I'm up for a game this Saturday!
What time are we looking at in which timezone?

1. GMT London

2. Avalable Friday, Saturday and Sunday's

3. Friday (evening)
Saturday and Sunday I can do any time but morning and evening is prefered.

4. Xlink Kai, it took me seven years to get it to work so I don't know if I'll have as much luck with XBSlink.
(gmt)

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

Glad to see that people are still interested in playing TS: FP. Thank you all for your feedback.

How does a game tomorrow at 6 PM GMT-5 sound? I would push the time back further, but I know that any later would be inconvenient for those in Europe. This may be a bit early for those in GMT-8 (PST) as well. Let me know ASAP if this works for everyone here.

We will also be using Xlink Kai for this match due to player preference. Should we play tomorrow, you must use Xlink Kai to participate.

Even if we end up hosting a game tomorrow, feel free to respond to the questionnaire. I wanted to give people a week to respond to this thread to accommodate as many players as possible. Think of this first game as a test run, with next week's game being the official start of the weekly matches. ;)
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!