Jak X (5/22/11)

Create a thread here to schedule a time to use LAN tunneling (Xlink Kai) to play Playstation 2 games online.
CyberTails
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: CyberTails

Jak X (5/22/11)

Post by CyberTails »

Hello There

I was wondering if anyone is interested on doing a Jak X Session on Sunday May 22nd at 7pm EST
(gmt-5)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Jak X (5/22/11)

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I am interested. I might be able to make that time, but would it be possible for you to move it back a little until 6:30 pm pacific time (9:30 pm eastern)? That is the time we normally have a weekly sunday game, but there is none scheduled this week since I was too busy to setup a poll the past week. That way more people would probably be around to make this.

CyberTails

Post by CyberTails »

lazyhoboguy wrote:I am interested. I might be able to make that time, but would it be possible for you to move it back a little until 6:30 pm pacific time (9:30 pm eastern)? That is the time we normally have a weekly sunday game, but there is none scheduled this week since I was too busy to setup a poll the past week. That way more people would probably be around to make this.
That's fine, 9:30 EST Time then, See you then hopefully :)
(gmt-5)

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Alright then. Oh yea, don't know if I remembered to mention this to you before. Jak X Combat Racing and a few other ps2 games need you to setup a manual ps2 network configuration on your memory card. There is guide on how to do that here:

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=29&t=179

You dont need to delete your current ps2 network setup, you can save up to 4 on one memory card and just pick the one you need for each situation.

CyberTails

Post by CyberTails »

lazyhoboguy wrote:Alright then. Oh yea, don't know if I remembered to mention this to you before. Jak X Combat Racing and a few other ps2 games need you to setup a manual ps2 network configuration on your memory card. There is guide on how to do that here:

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=29&t=179

You dont need to delete your current ps2 network setup, you can save up to 4 on one memory card and just pick the one you need for each situation.
Thanks for the tip, I'm fine with configuring as since I tested a connection with XLink last night and it gave me a "PS2/PS3 successfully configured" message, so I should be good to go for later on tonight :)
(gmt-5)

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

But, this game will not work with an automatically setup ps2 network configuration for whatever reason. So you will need to setup a manual ps2 network config on your memory card like mentioned in the guide of upi want to play jak x through xlink kai. Most ps2 games on xlink kai do not require you to do this, but jak x combat racing does.

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

I would love to play some Jak X tonight. Count me in. :)
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

CyberTails

Post by CyberTails »

lazyhoboguy wrote:But, this game will not work with an automatically setup ps2 network configuration for whatever reason. So you will need to setup a manual ps2 network config on your memory card like mentioned in the guide of upi want to play jak x through xlink kai. Most ps2 games on xlink kai do not require you to do this, but jak x combat racing does.
I'm aware of that, I have 2 connections:

* Tails' Connection (Auto): For Regular Online Play (UYA, Deadlocked, Deception and Armageddon)
* XLink Kai (Manual): As the name suggests, it's for XLink Online Play only
(gmt-5)