Let's attempt to have a TimeSplitters Weekly Match

Create a thread here to schedule a time to use LAN tunneling (Xlink Kai) to play Playstation 2 games online.
Artur
Level 13: Midday Club 2
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Sierron

Re: Let's attempt to have a TimeSplitters Weekly Match

Post by Artur »

hobojoe44 wrote:
Artur wrote:Yeah, well, I need to say that XLink isn't working for me anymore. It worked fine some weeks ago, but now I cannot get it to work again. So that's probably for me now ...
Orbitals being their usual garbage selves?

Two Fridays back to back I myself couldn't play with the people I regularly do because of that crap.
I got it to work again and we played two matches just fine. Then we chars and tried to to connect again and XLink crapped itself. We couldn't found each other, though I could play just fine with someone from austria.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea xlink kai can be frustrating sometimes. Typically in that situation all you can do is try restarting the program and hope it decides to work. There is an alternative program to try though. Xbslink doesn't have a crappy orbital system like Xlink Kai, although its a bit less user friendly.

http://www.secudb.de/~seuffert/xbslink/

We don't have a guide written up yet, but basically you need to stick in your ps2 mac address and then port forward like on xlink kai. I hopefully should be able to test it more in the future and make a guide. In the future Xbslink might be the better choice for our LAN tunneling needs since it seems more consistent of a program. Most people only have xlink kai setup at the moment though.

Artur

Post by Artur »

lazyhoboguy wrote:Yea xlink kai can be frustrating sometimes. Typically in that situation all you can do is try restarting the program and hope it decides to work. There is an alternative program to try though. Xbslink doesn't have a crappy orbital system like Xlink Kai, although its a bit less user friendly.
We tried it more than once to do that (actually more than ten times ...).
lazyhoboguy wrote:We don't have a guide written up yet, but basically you need to stick in your ps2 mac address and then port forward like on xlink kai. I hopefully should be able to test it more in the future and make a guide. In the future Xbslink might be the better choice for our LAN tunneling needs since it seems more consistent of a program. Most people only have xlink kai setup at the moment though.
Yeah, XBSLink tells me for example, that everything is okay, but it still doesn't work.

hobojoe44
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai username: [STFU]*hobojoe44

Post by hobojoe44 »

lazyhoboguy wrote:Yea xlink kai can be frustrating sometimes. Typically in that situation all you can do is try restarting the program and hope it decides to work. There is an alternative program to try though. Xbslink doesn't have a crappy orbital system like Xlink Kai, although its a bit less user friendly.

http://www.secudb.de/~seuffert/xbslink/

We don't have a guide written up yet, but basically you need to stick in your ps2 mac address and then port forward like on xlink kai. I hopefully should be able to test it more in the future and make a guide. In the future Xbslink might be the better choice for our LAN tunnelling needs since it seems more consistent of a program. Most people only have xlink kai setup at the moment though.

Yep it's great I'm trying to get everyone on encyde.se using it, and more features will be added eventually. And get this, the creator is actually open to suggestions, yeah I know such a thing boggles the mind! :D
http://www.secudb.de/~seuffert/xbslink/ ... e-requests
https://github.com/seuffert/XBSlink/wiki/Brainstorming

The thing with XBSLINK is the packets don't go through some sort of 3rd party thing and get sent back out such as with both XBC and Xlink. Where with both of those programs players can have problems connecting to each other for various reasons.

To take this into context, on both XBC and Xlink I could never get a 4 player game of Phantom dust to work without one player having problems connecting with another.
With XBSLINK it worked just fine, and that is after I told the other people on Xlink I was trying to play the game with to get XBSLINK setup, in order to see if we had such connection problems. took them less then 10 minutes to get it up and running fine.

@Artur A tip when you first set up XBSLINK after you save your settings, restart the program for them to take effect, I myself had such a problem, and that fixed it

Artur

Post by Artur »

hobojoe44 wrote:@Artur A tip when you first set up XBSLINK after you save your settings, restart the program for them to take effect, I myself had such a problem, and that fixed it
Well, I did that many times, but it doesn't really made a difference, though I changed a setting some time ago, which could perhaps fixed the problem I had before.

Slacker
Level 9: Greg Hasting's Competition Squirtguns Max'd
Xlink Kai username: VoraciousSlacker

Post by Slacker »

Match starts Saturday, April 7th at 2-3 P.M. Central time
(gmt-8)
Hey, I've a Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Angeline1994
I've gone off the deep end.

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

Slacker wrote:Match starts Saturday, April 7th at 2-3 P.M. Central time
Not going to be able to make it this week since I have an event I'll be volunteering at all weekend.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I wont be able to make it because I will be out of town until Sunday. When I get back though I will have the ethernet cables I need and can get setup for the next week.

Slacker

Post by Slacker »

I'm thinking we could switch it up. One week we play TimeSplitters 2, and the next week Future Perfect.
(gmt-8)

Slacker

Post by Slacker »

This week is Future Perfect, next is 2, let's keep this pattern going for a while, see were it goes.
(gmt-8)