Timesplitters: Future Perfect (1/22/11) Saturday Weekly Game

Go here to see which online PS2 games our community has been playing. Also, go here to discuss a specific online match you played in.

So, if you met up with some community members for an online match, feel free to post a thread here to start up some discussion about that specific game.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Timesplitters: Future Perfect (1/22/11) Saturday Weekly Game

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Participating Community Members

nosferatu
favrenation
lazyhoboguy
sgt. beket

Sorry if I forgot anyone that showed up earlier in the night. My internet went out yesterday for a few hours so I was a few hours late. Even still Xlink Kai was not working because of too many PSP users... :(

We moved over to XBSlink and managed to play a lot of games through that.

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Re: Timesplitters: Future Perfect (1/22/11) Saturday Weekly

Post by NoLimits »

I got back later than expected and my ps2 wasn't even set up so I didn't end up coming again. Btw, has XBSlink been working well?

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

It seems like we have XBSlink figured out now. Basically you need to be port forwarded (or have UPNP on your router) in order for XBSlink to work properly. So it's not really any easier to setup than Xlink Kai.

And it seems like there can be only 1 non port forwarded person in a game. If another person on a closed connectino like that tries joining it doesn't work. Still kind of cool one closed port person is allowed to be in a game since that's not possible on Xlink Kai.

Favrenation and Iron_Pimp have been doing a lot of the testing and figuring this stuff out.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Yeah Lazy is right. The one main thing here is that it doesn't rely on servers to work. So you would never have the same problem as xlink right now with the monster hunter players even if they all switched to XBSlink. The person who hosts is the server and it works like a torrent in that each person connected gives off a little bandwidth to the other players to be able to connect instead of the host using all of his bandwidth. This also means that the software will work forevor unlike xlink because xlink can shut their servers down. Another thing too is that you can host your own master list of "games" being played in the software so you won't always have to direct connect if the XBSlink creator shuts down his master-list.

Another added note is that the software itself seems a lot more stable. Some people (like me and Lazy) have to open up xlink 100 times to get it to run properly and with xbslink it just works.

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

sounds good then. Xlink worked well for me, once I figured out how to use it, (which shouldn't have taken me so long when I look back on it) but I guess its not as reliable for everyone else. I also haven't been on it for a few months...

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Xlink is unusable half the time currently because a flood of PSP Japanese monster hunter players have been overloading Xlink Kai's servers. It tends to happen right when we try to play some PS2 gaming on there. Hopefully this monster hunter madness will calm down and xlink kai will be as usable as it was before.